Aug double trigger doodad and a MOSFET walk into a bar....

Egon_247

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Lol. 😂

Ok. So I've been looking at mosfets. I run lipos on everything I own that takes a battery so I'm thinking about going in the mosfet direction.

Only my Aug.... It has a switch with two soldered wires.

Is my logic right that something like a gate merf will be fine, one wire to each of the mosfet "fire" inputs from said switch and the semi cut off lever will do its thing? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'm a bit of a noob and other more experienced people here could probably give you a direct answer.

With that said, I did recently fit the Perun AUG mosfet to my old TM AUG.  I got rid of the trigger bar completely (now magnetic trigger) but not sure what you mean by the cut off lever.

Perhaps you could post a picture of what you have.  Also, this Youtube vid might help.  He breaks into the gearbox around 11 mins or so - 

Yeah, i looked at those. £116 is worth more than the actual rif to be honest! 

The cutoff lever (seen at 16:00 as he's undoing it) is what stops the gearbox cycling on semi after one shot.

Mine looks exactly like the shot at (11:36) and i'm thinking that the two wires from the hard wired mosfet would connect to the wire terminals that he then unscrews at (11:57) and the mosfet motor output goes straight to the motor. 

In fact, i think i've just answered my own question in my head by typing that out..... :D :D :D 

hey, as long as the smoke stays inside the wires, its all good.... :D 

Yeah, I just splashed out cos I got sick of having to apologise after accidentally sending off a few more shots than intended.  The option to lock to semi or even burst or binary now is awesome.  My AUG is the only RIF I use so happy to spend a little more (considering I've had it 15 years or so!).

Good luck with your install anyway.

So if it's like the TM, it will look like the attached.

Essentially the box is in permanent semi auto because it's got a cut off lever, but no fire selector plate on the side of the gearbox to hold it out of the way.

To get round this, they have the second external set of contacts you can see in that picture. When the cut off lever disengages the first set of contacts, you can pull further back and make the connection via the second set, giving full auto.

The problem I guess you've got with using a "standard" mosfet is lack of being able to select fire mode. I have no idea what the effect of wiring it up to one or the other set of contacts would be.

Kind of does my head in a bit trying to think about it...

IMG_002299.JPG

If my head reads it right, like you say, the gnu is permanently in semi with an extra set of contacts for auto. So if either of the contacts sees a go signal it will (should 😂) fire. The only difference is the cut off lever on the semi will stop it re-cycling. 

Mine is a tm (mostly) so looks exactly like that. 👍

• Supporters

On the gate mosfets (warfet, merf, nano etc) the wiring isnt that bad if your handy with a soldering iron.

Basically you wire the two contact wires (small black plug) to one set of contacts, then link those to the second set of contacts in paralell so either contact sets the mosfet off.

Then the motor is just wired to a deans plug which plugs directly into the mosfet.

I'd advise against anything with active braking bar the warfet, as without adjustable precocking the active brake functionality can screw with the function of the cutoff (which is bad enough in a conventional pew let alone one with a rube golberg trigger mechanism). Took me longer than i like to admit realising thats what was causing the endless semi lockups on me f2000

Yup. Working a treat. Desoldered the battery cables and motor cables as I was using new stuff. Deans to the mosfet +-, MOSFET to the motor +- and the two wires for the firesignal soldered to the tabs on the screw on bit by the motor screws. 

Semi and full auto work perfectly.

£15 MOSFET happiness.

Cheers for the guidance guys, much appreciated.👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.