Brand new mag care.

Titchiemagoo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya everyone. I've just bought 2 brand new gbb pistols and wondered whats best to do with them to get them functioning correctly. 

What's the best way to activate the pistol from an unknown storage period from first construction.

Do you fill the mags with gas and bbs in a certain way.

Thanks for any advice.

2 hours ago, Titchiemagoo said:

Hiya everyone. I've just bought 2 brand new gbb pistols and wondered whats best to do with them to get them functioning correctly. 

What's the best way to activate the pistol from an unknown storage period from first construction.

Do you fill the mags with gas and bbs in a certain way.

Thanks for any advice.

Depends upon the pistol, TM just fill with gas and go.

Vorsk, take the whole thing apart and check everything, throughly clean it with degreaser and relube the whole gun, same with mags.

Then refill mags and tentatively shoot until the gun cr*ps out (a few hundred rounds later)

Most pistol mags have a gas fill at the bottom just fill that up and pull the spring all the way down to fill the mag with bbs, some mags have a latch that allows you hold the spring down and others you have to hold manually, ive always gone with filling the mag in 3 second intervals, so shake your gas canister, fill the mag for 3 ish seconds and repeat 3-5 times or until you think its full. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. Looks like I need more grease, lube and stuff.

On 09/05/2023 at 19:18, rocketdogbert said:

Depends upon the pistol, TM just fill with gas and go.

Vorsk, take the whole thing apart and check everything, throughly clean it with degreaser and relube the whole gun, same with mags.

Then refill mags and tentatively shoot until the gun cr*ps out (a few hundred rounds later)

Are vorsk that bad. They seem OK to me. 

29 minutes ago, Titchiemagoo said:

The short answer to that is yes. The long answer is definitely yes. They're poorly made with crap QC, crap materials and have a habit of falling apart after a short time

32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The short answer to that is yes. The long answer is definitely yes. They're poorly made with crap QC, crap materials and have a habit of falling apart after a short time

wot he said 😱🥸

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Titchiemagoo said:

Thanks guys. Looks like I need more grease, lube and stuff.

Well, they seem cheap, compared to a Tokyo Marui.  But they're not even that cheap compared to (e.g.) Army Armaments.  I mean, I like to gamble on cheap tat just to see how bad it is, but Vorsk has never tempted me.

I have no idea if Nuprol were trying to build a "premium" brand with that vendor trash, but as it turns out, they've protected the... er... "reputation" of their main label by having Vorsk as a side-brand.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.