Hello everyone!

Ulmo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, I moved to the UK a year ago, and I've recently had some time to discover what airsoft looks like in the UK.

I have had a background in airsoft for 10 years, started in Turkey with the T.A.C team, and then moved on to Sweden for another 5 years with the VSAF team.

After reading the forums, I realized how serious the rules are and how confusing they can be, especially with gun paints UKARA and RIF

I have a short-distance radio operator license, to use baofeng uv-5r but I don't think it's valid here in the UK.

There are very confusing rules about the UKARA and RIF rules,
I'm looking for small advice on where to start to read and how to react and get permissions. So I can start my hobby again without a long break.

Any advice appreciated 

thank you

Hi Ulmo.

Welcome to the forum 👍

Where are you based in the UK?

There is a website called 'Play Airsoft UK'. Have a look on there and it will help you with Airsoft locations near you.

A good place to start reading is on this forum.

When you find a Airsoft site near you, have a look on their website and maybe pop along to talk to the organisers who will help you. 

It generally takes about 3 months to get your ukara from when you first join and start playing at a club.

Have fun and I hope you get playing soon.🙂

Regards 

Hi and Welcome

As Shamal said, check out HERE to find game sites near you.

In the simplest terms you have to play 3 games at the same site within a certain time (3 months) (Most sites don't really care about the timing.

Most people will rent a gun (you can buy your own mask & goggles)  If you know anyone with a spare gun then you can use that without having to rent.

Once you've played 3 games at that site you can request to get registered with a UKARA number.  It should be free but most do charge a fee

Without UKARA (+18) you can buy a Two-Tone (Imitation Firearm) [IF]

It will come from the shop painted 50% with the most common colours being Red, Blue or Green

With UKARA (+18) you can buy a (Realistic Imitation Firearm) [RIF]

Hope that helps.

Loads more info in the forum so dive in and enjoy 😁

Thanks for the answers which helps me a lot.
I live in Oxfordshire / Henley and that map is quite amazing never seen that in any other country :) smart idea.

I think It will take a while to get my Ukara and see how it goes. I got back home Krytac Trident mk2  moded but I don't think I'll be able to bring it with the flight.

I guess I can just suit up and get some rented gun as Edcase mentioned. Looking forward tbh.
Thanks for once again for all the explanations which help me to get started.

On 09/05/2023 at 23:23, Smiling-Dutchman said:

You're close to two good sites then: Red Alert in Reading and Skirmish in High Wycombe.

You might see me running around either sites when you go visit (as well as some other forum members)

I'll have a look for reading one. Thank you so much and its amazing that I already find some local already :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.