A change of hop for NGRS

Sneaky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I am going to replace the hop up for my TM NGRS scar h.  I have started to service my AEG and I was going to buy the Laylax purple hop rubber with nub. I am a techy, so have no problem doing it, but I noticed this, which looks interesting.anyone used this.  Anyone had hands on with this?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/airtech-studios-tdc-trolley-with-m-nub-r-hop-flat-hop-for-tokyo-marui-scar-h-hk417.html  

What are your thoughts?

Kind Regards

Edited by Sneaky

My personal opinion is firstly having a bright green blob of plastic in the ejection port is a no no. Secondly, tm hop chambers are perfectly fit for purpose; if it ain’t broke….

Also fyi, it doesn’t mention scar compatibility..

4 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

My personal opinion is firstly having a bright green blob of plastic in the ejection port is a no no. Secondly, tm hop chambers are perfectly fit for purpose; if it ain’t broke….

Also fyi, it doesn’t mention scar compatibility..

Correct link now. Also the original rubber is worn, otherwise I’d leave it!

18 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Hi all. I am going to replace the hop up for my TM NGRS scar h.  I have started to service my AEG and I was going to buy the Laylax purple hop rubber with nub. I am a techy, so have no problem doing it, but I noticed this, which looks interesting.anyone used this.  Anyone had hands on with this?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/airtech-studios-tdc-trolley-with-m-nub-r-hop-flat-hop-for-tokyo-marui-scar-h-hk417.html  

What are your thoughts?

Kind Regards

In my opinion I have to agree with @SBoardley. TM ngrs hop unit is perfect and works flawlessly, I had my ngrs for last 3 and a half years and only things hopup wise i changed were, hop nub, hop bucking and inner barrel. At the moment I am using maple leaf nub, maple leaf super macaron 60 bucking and ZCI 6.02 steel tight bore and results are amazing. I can easily hop anything i put into it and range is around 50 to 60 metres with 300mm tight bore barrel.

I’ve just fitted a purple prommy rubber and nub to my tm 416

The rubber is a pita to get into the hop unit with the barrel

(I did apply a tiny smear of silicon oilto the outside of the rubber to help tease it in)

But as others have said, the actual unit itself is superb and works great

Once I’ve tested and bed the new rubber in with a few hundred rounds, I’m going to see if the “wire in the nub” trick is needed or makes any difference

ala DCA’s video

see 1:15:26

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

On 07/05/2023 at 09:56, matas17 said:

In my opinion I have to agree with @SBoardley. TM ngrs hop unit is perfect and works flawlessly, I had my ngrs for last 3 and a half years and only things hopup wise i changed were, hop nub, hop bucking and inner barrel. At the moment I am using maple leaf nub, maple leaf super macaron 60 bucking and ZCI 6.02 steel tight bore and results are amazing. I can easily hop anything i put into it and range is around 50 to 60 metres with 300mm tight bore barrel.

After much more research, I will stay with the unit, but will try the maple leaf super macaron bucking. 

Edited by Sneaky
Spelling

On 09/05/2023 at 17:03, Sneaky said:

After much more research, I will stay with the unit, but will try the maple leaf super macaron bucking. 

Good choice honestly. Maple leaf never dissapointed me yet, I have prommy purple in mine before but results were not as consistent as i woul of liked then switch to maple leaf macaron 60 and was happy ever since.

2 hours ago, matas17 said:

Good choice honestly. Maple leaf never dissapointed me yet, I have prommy purple in mine before but results were not as consistent as i woul of liked then switch to maple leaf macaron 60 and was happy ever since.

Might be something I have a look at (buy) if the results from the prommy are rubbish

On 11/05/2023 at 00:26, Enid_Puceflange said:

Might be something I have a look at (buy) if the results from the prommy are rubbish

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Maple leaf, when it is used with their flat nub it works perfectly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.