AEP battery query

AdamMD7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I recently decided to upgrade the battery on my AEP, after it started to die. I ordered a Nuprol  550mah 7.4v battery and I'm a little confused by the connectors for it. My current pistol has a deans connection, is there a specific way to wire these to deans or modify the connectors?  I've added some photos for context.

Thanks in advance for any help.IMG-20230501-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.a989ab5e7b240078e4417a6a76ab72a4.jpegIMG-20230501-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.dfb4b4353a00665a68ee6ccaf0c3dfc9.jpegIMG-20230501-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.b0681cdbcd6f8e4495f122dee8bf11bf.jpegIMG-20230501-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.138a71fa2ef98d4c4bb6b5677dc8f731.jpeg

• Supporters

That battery connector looks like the standard one on the original nimh TM (and CYMA clone) AEPs.  So you have got an AEP battery, it's just that your AEP is too uPgRaDeD to use it.

Short of downgrading the pistol back to an old style connector (and I don't know where you'd get one), if you're feeling brave you could try carefully disassembling the end of that battery and seeing if there's enough wiring there to solder a Deans on to - you can see the black and red wires under the connector there.

IMG-20230501-WA0011.jpeg

That could get a bit scorchy, so the alternative is to buy any regular non-AEP lipo that will fit in the space and use that instead.  You'd be surprised what you can get in there, I'm running a 1200mAh 7.4v in my "1911", granted with some modification (cutting a hole in the front of the frame under the barrel).

Ah I see, thank you for replying so quickly! I guess it's a learning curve for me! I'll get checking to see what could fit in the space.

https://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/ElectroRiver7-4v-Lipo-battery550mAh-for-AEP-with-Mosfet

It has a micro Deans connector.  Ignore the "with Mosfet" element.

Edited by Colin Allen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.