The new Gate Eon Full Gearbox. (and I bought a couple of the EON hopups as well)

slipperysquid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

So I bought the new Gate Eon Full Gearbox (Got it for a decent price so cant complain about that but I'll still complain.) Sooooooooo, I read a post that listed (from a gate employee) comaptibility with AEG's out there one of which was Krytac, so being a trusting sort of a guy I thought I'd take the plunge and get it ordered.

image.thumb.png.dbd9a239b5494ec77f6fb97c7832cb4a.png

So box arrives, opens it and to be fair it's nice, and went to install into the LVOA. Fire selector will not fit, Krytac have holes cut into the gearbox shell for the gears to fit, the EON does not. The EON selector plate fits flush to the gear box body so even if I modified the gear (Filing the bottom of the gear so it can sit flush with the gearbox recess) the actual gear would not fit under the selector plate. So that's a no-no. Also in the instructions for the gearbox it states that "The spring guide must be screwed to the replica's receiver. Shooting when the spring guide is not properly screwed on or not screwed at all, may cause damage to the gearbox, which is not covered by the warranty." You cant do this with the Krytac, even if I was to get a longer screw to go through the buffer tube, the thread on the spring guide is smaller (Option is to retap and thread? would that void warranty? I'm waiting from a response from gate) .

So as you can probably guess, much dissapoint.

So, I'll install it in my secondary (Old VFC HK416D) fire selector fits! (YEY!) mag release does not (Boooo!) it's one of those that you have to push in and screw mag release button onto the actual arm (It's doesnt use an actual screw if you get me), the gear box gets in the way so you cant push the mag release arm in far enough. Anyways I'm describing it poorly :D Next issue...the buffer  tube screw, again thread to thick to secure the spring guide but got everything thing assembled and setup and it fires really nice...I've got a stand alone Titan 2 bluetooth (one of the new ones) that I installed in  another build and thought I'd done a pretty good job with my shimming etc but the gate factory  build is just a lot crisper (using same motor and battery) so yeah, the gearbox is nice but not without fitting issues on 2 guns, which I thought where compatible. I maybe able to change the fireselector on the Krytac but it was'nt money  that  I'd factored in and feel a pissed off to be fair but meh what can you do.

I'll update the thread when I get a reply from Gate.

Oh and the Hopup, well built, looks nice, does not work in the VFC not matter what I tried, about 60fps lower than stock , double feeding, just a shit show,. I've tried measuring the distances with calipers to get it as near as I can, used cut down springs instead of the supplied orings for spacing, I've used thicker and thinner o rings for spacing and still cant get the thing to work in the gun (I'm not a top tier tech but I've exhausted the time I'm willing to put in to get it to work) The thinking of GATE hop and Gate gearbox match made in heaven I have disproven, well for my VFC your mileage may vary.

So, I justed needed to vent. The gearbox is nice mine came with the Expert firmware installed which is capped to 25bps (you can bypass this but it negates your 2 year warranty which is part of the reason I got the gearbox). It's snappy and consistant (warhead highspeed motor) but not without it's niggles which I can hopefully get some answers from Gate.

Cheers if you took the time to read :D

Edited by slipperysquid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.