TM Glock 19 Gen 3 trigger bar spring

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I managed to damage mine when transferring the frame internals of my G19 into a Guarder frame.  I have tried just about every online store including those in the Far East to get a replacement - either TM original or custom - with no success.

Could anyone tell me if the regular TM trigger bar spring for the G17,22,34 can be stretched to fit the G19, or if the Glock 17 Gen 4 spring from TM or Guarder will do the job?

Would fitting a stronger spring (150%) like the Guarder Glock 17 Gen 4 spring, create problems in a stock TM Glock? Would I need to replace other parts eg. the trigger bar itself , with upgraded ones?

Edited by emilianoksa

50 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I managed to damage mine when transferring the frame internals of my G19 into a Guarder frame.  I have tried just about every online store including those in the Far East to get a replacement - either TM original or custom - with no success.

Could anyone tell me if the regular TM trigger bar spring for the G17,22,34 can be stretched to fit the G19, or if the Glock 17 Gen 4 spring from TM or Guarder will do the job?

Would fitting a stronger spring (150%) like the Guarder Glock 17 Gen 4 spring, create problems in a stock TM Glock? Would I need to replace other parts eg. the trigger bar itself , with upgraded ones?

when I get in later I can measure the trigger bar springs I have, I don’t think there is a difference but if you know long the G19 spring is it’ll help

The spring is the same for both the Gen.3 19 and Gen.4 17.

If you REALLY need another one, they can be purchased from Fire Support as part of the full spring set (linked below).

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-frame-spring-set-for-marui-g17-gen4

4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Wouldn't stretch anything to make it "work". That exact amount of tension is needed to operate it.

I highly doubt that a stronger spring makes any difference on your trigger bar. The most important thing is that you don't leave it stretched after a skirmish or if it was cocked for some other reason.

Edited by Krisz

Thanks to you both.

The G17 Gen 4, G19 Gen 3 and 4 have a larger ring to fit over the separate frame pin that TM puts in its latest Glocks.

Thanks for the offer Mr. Dogbert, but my spring has been stretched and so I cannot get an accurate measurement off it.

I have decided to go along with Mr. Magnon's suggestion re. the Guarder spring kit. I cannot imagine that TM produced different springs for each of their later Glocks which have the additional pin through the frame. They builds to a standard so they are more likely to use the same of the same parts in each model of a pistol.

@emilianoksa - I recently replaced my G19 Gen.3 spring with the one from this set (yes, after stretching during re-assembly), so can confirm they do indeed use the same springs for all three of their most recent models (G19 Gen.3, G19 Gen.4 & G17 Gen.4).

I will add though, the only "downside" is the trigger pull will be slightly heavier than with the stock Marui spring. However as TM's is so light, you may consider that a good thing (a bit more realistic).

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.