GBB wear and tear and propaine info

Wegalaxy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

1)

I have recently bought a WE Galaxy which is basically a copy of the action army AAP-01.

I enjoy racking the WE galaxy and dry firing it, without the magazine in and no bbs. The airsoft is well lubricated.

Will this damage or break down the airsoft?

2) 

I want to use propaine in my WE galaxy as green gas is really expensive.I have seen the adaptors online which have a thread inside of them. Will these adaptors be able to fit onto any shop bought propaine canister? (the small canisters).

Also can any one link me to where I can buy these propaine canisters and Im struggling to find them?

Thanks 

As to 1) I can’t see it causing an issue as only the trigger parts moving. Keep it lubricated (but not too much) and should be fine for dry fire practice.

2) is tricky as the Coleman propane cylinders are hard to find - Go Outdoors might be worth a try. Unfortunately the price of Propane has gone up and even using a Coleman bottle and refilling that from a 13kg bottle will take hundreds of refils to recoup the cost of the two adaptors.

Best bet is to look out for deals on gas and buy a few bottles. ASG Ultrair seems good and is often on sale. My WE G19 and TM USP and MWS run well on it down to 10degC

2 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

ASG Ultrair seems good and is often on sale. My WE G19 and TM USP and MWS run well on it down to 10degC

+1

Ultrair doesn’t have any lube in it so it’s good for hop consistency.  I’ve used it in freezing conditions in the MP7 without issue, though in pistols it’s definitely a 10°C or higher gas

2 minutes ago, Wegalaxy said:

Thanks for the info everyone

so @SSPKali, Would you say that if I use the ultra air it wont actually make that big of a difference price wise?

Thanks 

Yes, if you can get Ultrair or similar gas on sale / bundle deal it will be cheaper and better than faffing with propane tanks and adapters. 

So if you buy a 15kg propane tank, it will cost £110, madbull adapter will be £35, propane refill hose will be £30 and a 400g tank will be around £6, you will also need to buy a schrader valve key to remove the one way valve with a drill.

So total cost £180 which will give you 15.4kg of propane, with refills from this point onwards costing £65.

For the airsoft equivalent, a 530ml bottle of ultraair gas costs £9 roughly, with 1ml of propane being roughlt 0.6g, so for 15.4kg you would need around 48 bottles of green gas costing £432.

I would consider that quite a saving!

Plus from that point onwards your running cost goes down since you are just spending £65 per refill, Ive been doing it for years and have saved a fortune with my gas guns.

Edited by Danhc92

Ultrair is often on sale much less than £9, and if you wanted 48 bottles from a retailer I am sure they would do you a deal :)

Also, based on 20g of gas per MWS M4 mag the 15.4kg would equal 768 mags worth, with each fill easily firing 3x mags worth of BBs (35rd) that means you are buying enough Propane to fire over 80 THOUSAND BBs. Assuming no leakage / spillage / venting mags to service them / Coleman bottle giving up on the seams or valve (not designed to long term use)

Say you buy all the gas gear and run a quality BB like Geoffs 0.30g, at about £18 per 3000, that is almost £500 in ammo. How many years worth of ammo / gas do you need?! 🤣 Plus allow for dropping BBs, spilling bags in the safe zone (round of applause), etc...

So yes there is a saving, eventually, but also a lot of hassle and faffing, and I am sure you will end up running out on a game day and have to spend £12 on a bottle of <gagging noises> Nuprol green and cutting into your savings. Given that most players end up splitting time between AEG and GBBR, only play a handful to times a year or get bored and sell it / sell up and quit you need to be in it for the long run to see a return.

I wonder if using a solar panel to charge your AEG batteries would save as much money too? 🤔

Ive never run out since a 1lb bottle of propane holds around double the amount of gas in comparison to a green gas can, i can happily run both mine and my son's MWS for a full game day on one can.

Ive only ever had one coleman bottle which is still going 10 years on with no leaks, if it does start to leak I can just keep using the empty MAPP bottles that i have for filling with propane.

So far I have refilled the coleman tank 3 times in the past 10 years, with the first 3 fills being 6kg tanks which where cheaper to fill and lighter.

Filling them is no faff at all, my coleman tank sits on a worktop in my garage with the hose all set up. All I need to do is connect the bottle and switch the valve on, which I do each time I am maintaining guns or working in the garage.

If you are planning on using gas guns long term, it is well worth using, plus you don't soak your hop rubber in silicone from the green gas.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.