XG02 Propane adapter

danf1234

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had a success with a Madbull XG02 Propane adapter. I have bought one and it’s basically rubbish and won’t work with my TM mags. Is there anything out there that does?

Mine has worked fine, is yours a genuine madbull one with the black text on the top of the silver bit or a copy with no black text on it?

I got it working by stripping it all down and putting lubricant on the centre pin. It was stuck in the up position. It works a treat now.

thing I don’t get is, why does everyone think metal filling nozzles are so bad when every can of green gas has one on?

On 04/03/2023 at 20:50, Duff Beer said:

https://ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/fill-adaptor/

This looks like it should do the trick, and isn’t silly money.  For those that aren’t familiar with Soto as a brand they make really high end camping stoves

It looks like the thread will be the smaller one for Butane-mix camping stoves, not the larger Propane ones. Will pop out to the shed later and check as I have both types and a Madbull knock-off fill valve :)

EDIT - yeah they are different- see pic

073A6BCC-E235-4267-81F2-0F45088B4992.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali
Added pic and difference in thread size

13 hours ago, SSPKali said:

It looks like the thread will be the smaller one for Butane-mix camping stoves, not the larger Propane ones. Will pop out to the shed later and check as I have both types and a Madbull knock-off fill valve :)

EDIT - yeah they are different- see pic

073A6BCC-E235-4267-81F2-0F45088B4992.jpeg

Fair enough!  It was too good to be true

I have managed to get my Madbull adapter working on MWS mags. There is a serious knack to being able to do though. Mag at a certain angle, adapter at a certain angle, more pressure than originally thought etc. now I can fill the mag easily in one go, but it cost me a half cylinder of propane working it out.

The only other question mark is around the metal nozzles, but seeing as all my gas cans have metal nozzles bar the maintenance gas, I am not too bothered about that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.