Buyers Beware - Suspicious Seller - Resolved, thread can be deleted if possible

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

Bit of a weird one, but I'd regret not saying anything if the situation worsens. Not sure on the right section really, here seems about as good as anywhere.

I bought an item (splitting it from a grouped sales post) from a forum member. Payment was sent on February 24th, this item was shipped in a timely manner (Feb 27th) with decent comms and arrived as described on February 28th.

Following on from here I made an offer to the same seller on a RIF with some accessories which was accepted, and payment was made (also Feb 27th). Worth noting this payment was substantially higher than the one made on the first item. No communication was received from the seller following this payment being made up until last night when I received emails from PayPal show both of these transactions had been marked as shipped... both with the same tracking number. I then went to check the ad for the replica (hyperlinks are attached to message threads when you send the initial message via an ad) and that ad has been deleted entirely.

I sent a message to the seller immediately upon receiving these emails, I got a reply stating it was some sort of tech issue and to 'bare with them'. I've since sent a message to the seller raising that this all feels very suspicious which they have read, and been online since reading but haven't replied to.

Is this confirmation someone is trying to take me for a ride? No necessarily, it could be a genuine and unfortunate sequence of events for someone that is genuinely that busy that they can't muster the time to reply and provide me with the correct tracking information for the second parcel. Oooooor it could be entirely malicious. Fortunately I paid via PayPal G&S (because I'm not stupid), so either way I'm not too concerned. I felt I should mention something here because this seller does currently have other active sales ads on the site.

If it comes to nothing and they're just guilty of some ropey comms then I'll happily edit/have this deleted and apologise for dragging someones name through the mud that's simply just very busy, but I'd advise avoiding until I can update one way or another.

Cheers,

Alex

Edit: Item arrived, it seems it was a combination of a series of unlikely events and not great communication.

Edited by alxndrhll

Thanks for heads up bud and I hope it is a genuine oversight or just,as you say, an unfortunate sequence of events. 

Best of luck and hopefully it will end well for you👍

Regard 

As long as you've paid through paypal with their Goods and Services service, you should be covered if they do try to scam you. Give them some time then request updates with tracking info every few days. This way, if you get no further, you can show paypal that's you've attempted to reach out reguarly.

Edited by MrTea

• alxndrhll changed the title to Buyers Beware - Suspicious Seller - Resolved, thread can be deleted if possible
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.