Double Eagle M904G with Warhead Standard motor and 13:1 gears?

Nuchie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So in my last post I asked if it was possible to put a Warhead Standard motor in a Specna Arms SA E07 Edge. I got a lot of helpful responses which I am very thankful for.

I have thought it over a bit more and was maybe thinking of putting a Warhead standard motor (30k with 11.1v) in a DE M904G with 13:1. Since I already own that gun. Would this be a good idea? Maybe 16:1 would be better?

Also Would I have to short stroke it or maybe make some other modifications for this to work?

Thanks in advance! I really do Appreciate the help

• Supporters

The same replies as for the Specna. They're both generic, both CYMA-de-facto-standard-ish compatible.

In fact, the DE doesn't have the question marks over its gearbox shell that the Specna does.  Same caveat too, the DE fire control system has some decent features, but I don't think it has active brake, so you may experience double-shooting on semi (or you may not, it's entirely down to how everything works out inside your specific example.

I guess it's time for this again.

all-airsoft-guns.png.7388f7a5e08d2cd4679ee85143c0f0ad.png

• 2 months later...

Hang the double-shooting--a 30K Warhead is the equivalent of a 35K brushed. Add that to 13:1 gears on 11.1v and you have yourself a serious case of PME. Heck, you could easily get bad PME even with a regular 30K. I'm also assuming you are located in Britain with a lower powered spring in your gun... which would give you PME even earlier.

Honestly, I'd be worried about a Warhead 30K on a stock setup giving you PME.

To make that setup work on British power limits you'd need a stronger spring and a fair bit of short stroking. And a lighter than stock piston assembly. Actually, the easiest way to do it would be to go heavy spring and real short barrel to compensate, so you could have a strong spring and acceptable power.

For reference 30K on 13:1 11.1v usually comes out to abut 30 RPS. A 30K brushless will do 35 on 13:1, assuming everything is put together well. From experience, I have a 33K brushless that does 30 on 18:1.

Edited by Leo Greer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.