Magpul PTS NGRS PMags

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

Have 6 of these potentially available, initially all black (#01 is painted green and black). All in great condition and feed flawlessly. Have original packaging far all 6, including top clips, base plates and would include a genuine ranger plate for each.

As far as I can tell these are like hens teeth nowadays but I'm getting out of the NGRS 'platform' so these are likely to be surplus to requirement. I may well keep them just ont he off chance I wind up with another NGRS int he future because I doubt I'm likely to find any again should that happen.

No idea what I'd be looking for, for them... and where that lands would ultimately be the decider in keep versus sell.

Cheers,

Alex

pmag1.thumb.jpg.b16b7fcaae5b610bf570d21ad6e5c3f4.jpg

pmag2.thumb.jpg.90c30a3233ad60265e68fbd697695a8b.jpg

pmag3.thumb.jpg.5eb56a72709f48af9fd2a873480c04d2.jpg

I sold 6 recently for about 35 a piece, but mine were tan, had been painted and while they looked worn from the paint job were in good condition internally and had been well looked after. 

They were getting £50 a mag for a while but that was before epms were available and I understand converting real pmag shells with epm internals is quite easy. When it was £50 a mag epms didn't exist and getting standard 82 rounder internals into a real pmag shell was a pain, not to mention the pmags were the only way of getting 120 rounds in a mid cap. 

As such I think the market for them has reduced add in that all of the pmags are all used, potentially quite well used (to the point the chance of them being on their last legs is higher). 

I think youre probably looking at around the £40 a mag, but I'd be tempted to start at £45 a mag with the expectation you might have to drop. 

The ranger plates for them, no idea. Dust covers in my opinion don't add any additional value. 

12 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

I sold 6 recently for about 35 a piece, but mine were tan, had been painted and while they looked worn from the paint job were in good condition internally and had been well looked after. 

They were getting £50 a mag for a while but that was before epms were available and I understand converting real pmag shells with epm internals is quite easy. When it was £50 a mag epms didn't exist and getting standard 82 rounder internals into a real pmag shell was a pain, not to mention the pmags were the only way of getting 120 rounds in a mid cap. 

As such I think the market for them has reduced add in that all of the pmags are all used, potentially quite well used (to the point the chance of them being on their last legs is higher). 

I think youre probably looking at around the £40 a mag, but I'd be tempted to start at £45 a mag with the expectation you might have to drop. 

The ranger plates for them, no idea. Dust covers in my opinion don't add any additional value. 

Ta for the appraisal, will note that having tried it converting real pmag shells is a massive pain and is done (by my knowledge) with standard Marui mag internals rather than EPM ones. I'd tried it before acquiring these and ultimately landed on 'this isn't worth the hassle'... or cost 😂.

Edited by alxndrhll

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

Just poking my nose in to second @Emergencychimps- epm conversion with real pmags takes 10 minutes. As opposed to tm stanags- which are a bit of a ball ache. 

At the risk of derailing my own thread, don't suppose you'd happen to have a link to a guide/tutorial of how to do it? It'd certainly make selling them an easier decision if there is an alternative way to run some pmags should I wind up with another NGRS down the line!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.