Black hammer for TM 5.1 Hi Capa

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

One of my hi capas is partially customised. All the externals are now black except for the hammer. So I have been looking for a black hammer. At first I tought I would simply buy the 4.3 black hammer since I assumed it would fit. However it was impossible to get one, even from Asia (and I include Japan). So then I wondered if a TM classic 1911 might fit. Doesn't matter since I couldn't find one of those either. In fact I am finding it increasingly difficult to find any airsoft parts I want these days. 

Then I came across this: ZCI Hammer set for Marui Hi Capa (highpressureairsoft.co.uk)

Given the very low price I assumed the parts were made of alloy. But then I saw this from the same vendor: ZCI Steel Hi-Capa Replacement External Hammer (highpressureairsoft.co.uk) It is steel which makes me think the complete hammer set must be steel, which would make the parts even cheaper than I already thought they were. I just  wondered if the parts would turn out to be cheap and cheerful or cheap and nasty. 

The alternative was to go for another steel hammer kit.  The prices for most of these were far more than I was prepared to pay. For example anything made by Cow Cow or Dynamic Precision is extremely expensive and just the hammer alone is very pricey.. And then there is the problem of combining steel parts with pot metal ones. If you change the hammer to steel it would seem advisable to change the disconnector and other parts it interacts with to the same material.

I though about just painting the silver hammer I have, but paint never lasts long and doesn't always looks good.

Then I came across this set of steel parts:  KUNG FU Airsoft Toy Steel Hammer Set for TM Hi-Capa 5.1 GBB Series KF51-008 | eBay

Once again cheap and I imagine cheerful or nasty. In any case they would probably need some light stoning. And I would need to purchase a steel sear.

Or maybe a steel hammer would work for quite a long time with the original TM disconnector, sear etc. I have no idea. My hi capa doesn't get used much - only occasionally at home - so it might last.

I am very tempted to try the ZCI since it is readily available and cheap enough not to worry about if it doesn't do the job. 

I really would be most grateful for some advice from those who know their hi capas.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I though about just painting the silver hammer I have, but paint never lasts long and doesn't always looks good.

Could you get it anodised?

Sorry. I muddied this with my overlong post.

What I would really like to know is can a steel hammer work with stock TM alloy parts (disconnector, sear, valve knocker etc) for a while or will it chew them up very quickly.

Mike Cripps once told me that the TM parts were tough enough to take pairing with a steel hammer. Is this really the case?

• Supporters
On 14/01/2023 at 14:25, emilianoksa said:

Mike Cripps once told me that the TM parts were tough enough to take pairing with a steel hammer. Is this really the case?

That would be good enough for me to use a steel one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.