G&G CM16 MOSFET Question

jonesy17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have a G&G CM16 Predator, which has a feature to switch Full Auto to 3 Burst by holding down the trigger for 10 seconds in Single Fire mode. And vice versa. 

That all works OK, however it is supposed to make a beep tone to signify it. Mine doesn't sound the tone. 

Similarly as I understand it this model will make a tone for error codes and for low battery warning. Which I assume will not happen as the tone to switch mode isn't sounding. 

Has anyone else experienced similar, and resolved it, by any chance?

Thanks! :)

Hmm, if it’s the onboard sound that’s knackered there’s not much you can do to fix it that doesn’t involve replacing it.

Have you checked all the connections?

Could use it as an excuse to fit a Perun ETU++.

Ah, I thought that might be the case. It's a brand new rif pretty much. I could take it back to the local independent shop I bought it from but if an upgrade is worthwhile then maybe that would be a good shout. 

Ill have to do some research on how easy it is to swap out and whether I think I'm clued up enough to try my hand at it. Cheers! 

G&G ETUs are notoriously crap.  Mine lasted all of a morning skirmish.  Perun is probably the answer, but it's not cheap.

I’ve done mine. As it’s outside the gearbox it’s an easy job as it’s only a couple of spade connectors for the power and the one for the sensors, all I needed was a long screwdriver to remove the stock tube and a tiny flat one to ease out the sensor plug.

Plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to see what the job’s like.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.