GHK Glock 17 Gen 5

Super64

It’s a bit of a shame that they’ve abandoned the steel slide, but I’m guessing from a sales point of view, it’ll make it more competitive with the VFC and TM versions. I’m after an MOS Glock 17, so I’ll wait for some reviews on this before deciding whether to go with the GHK or the VFC. I’ll also have to weigh up the cost of the whole package, because I’ll be wanting a steel slide.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

That’s looking good

4uad Airsoft popped a video up yesterday using their upgrade parts

Im quietly tempted with one too

https://youtu.be/O2eGKIN4XjU?si=EmaMSnUNnwn9vvZS

Thanks bud. I am tempted by those upgrades to be fair but I'll give it a proper play and see how it goes first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up or those interested Battle Forge Armaments (BFA) have released a steel slide and outer barrel set which only appears to be for sale in Asia at the mo and costs around the £200 mark. A no from me!

Edited by Louish118

• 4 weeks later...

I've received my GHK gen 5 today from a fellow member on here, the cerakote alu version. It's a really nice finish on the slide and really nice to shoot. I've put the patch to good work and it's gone to live with my GHK gen 3 steel

spacer.png

spacer.png

The mags are interchangeable, with the the gen 5 mags being easier to release the base plate with a fingernail lever instead of just the press in button on the gen 3 mag 

How is the trigger on the gen5 compared with the crappy gen3?

As l have the gen3 and even with the improved spare trigger, l don't like it

11 hours ago, andrey said:

How is the trigger on the gen5 compared with the crappy gen3?

As l have the gen3 and even with the improved spare trigger, l don't like it

Fire it 5000-10000 times or failing that polish the disconnector :P. Gen 5 trigger is a lot lighter and more consistent striking the valve. The 4UAD one is adjustable to so you can also remove all the take up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdYHK4qsDxA  

Edited by Chev Chelios
Found a vid.

• 2 weeks later...

Bits came in from Action Airsoft. Amazing packing and speedy delivery that sailed through customs. Trigger was easy to fit, is super light and I was able to take up just about all the slack. Hop unit would have been super easy as well but took me a min to work out if using the 4UAD rubber you need a TM spec barrel (the cut out is longer). Once I worked this out it hopped .43g and still did not bottom out the adjustment. 

Not had time to dig the chrono out to test the shot to shot consistency but from firing 5 mags into trash feels like a new toy almost.   

Excuse the ash not a 20 a day smoker was just burning some wood at the time and snapped a few images while test firing. 

20240827_143116.jpg

20240827_143151.jpg

Has anyone been able to compare the GHK with the VFC Gen 5 MOS? If so, how do they compare? I’m torn between which one to get. I’ve watched a couple of reviews on line, but they all seem to be from stores, so it’s difficult to know how genuine the review is. The big plus for the GHK is the availability of a steel slide, which doesn’t seem to be an option for the VFC. But, VFC seem to be better shooting guns, especially compared the the previous GHK Glock.

On 27/08/2024 at 17:12, Super64 said:

Has anyone been able to compare the GHK with the VFC Gen 5 MOS? If so, how do they compare? I’m torn between which one to get. I’ve watched a couple of reviews on line, but they all seem to be from stores, so it’s difficult to know how genuine the review is. The big plus for the GHK is the availability of a steel slide, which doesn’t seem to be an option for the VFC. But, VFC seem to be better shooting guns, especially compared the the previous GHK Glock.

I thought SRC make the *other new Umarex Gen 5 MOS? 

Edited by Louish118

4 hours ago, Louish118 said:

I thought SRC make the new Umarex Gen 5 MOS? 

Umarex don't make anything. They buy licencing rights to trade marks. So if you want to sell a replica Glock in countries they have the rights to you need to pay them. 

2 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Umarex don't make anything. They buy licencing rights to trade marks. So if you want to sell a replica Glock in countries they have the rights to you need to pay them. 

I know that, matey. I said I thought SRC make the rival Gen 5 MOS?

Edited by Louish118

11 hours ago, Louish118 said:

I thought SRC make the *other new Umarex Gen 5 MOS? 

Yeah, you’re right. It is SRC. I thought there was a VFC one, but looks like I was mistaken. It’s difficult to keep right when everything gets labelled Umarex. I think I’ll just hang on for a GHK.

21 hours ago, Super64 said:

Yeah, you’re right. It is SRC. I thought there was a VFC one, but looks like I was mistaken. It’s difficult to keep right when everything gets labelled Umarex. I think I’ll just hang on for a GHK.

Fair one bud. It's a weird move for them to licence two exact same models from two completely different OEMs!