GHK Glock 17 Gen 5

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was hoping GHK would be releasing more Glocks and it looks like they are. There’s no specific release date yet other than 2023. I like the Gen 3, but there’s just something about the Gen 5 that I prefer. Hopefully we’ll get a Glock 19 from them as well.

A5F0633E-73BE-4075-AEDF-D33B85F40365.png

Looks like it's the MOS version too. Whoops, even says it in the text haha.

The Gen.2 feels good in my hands, I haven't held a 5 yet but wondering if that's because of the lack of finger groves?

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

I’ve had the VFC Gen 5 and I’ve still got the VFC 19X which has the same style grip and it does feel that little bit more comfortable to hold. That said, the Gen 3 isn’t exactly uncomfortable, but it’s nice to see that we’ll soon have a choice between the two.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard they're ironing out all the gripes that users had with their Gen 3 model, such as the awful trigger feel and poor hop-up adjustment to name a couple. This version could hopefully be a serious winner. 

Yeah, that’s part of the reason I sold both the ones I had, the trigger pull sucks. Hopefully if they’re changing it for the Gen 5, then it’ll be awesome because the trigger pull was the only issue with it. Everything else is great.

52 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Yeah, that’s part of the reason I sold both the ones I had, the trigger pull sucks. Hopefully if they’re changing it for the Gen 5, then it’ll be awesome because the trigger pull was the only issue with it. Everything else is great.

Yup, same here. I loved everything about the gun, apart from that awful trigger! Yes, the weight is more realistic, but the pull is mushy and horrible, nothing like the real steel. 

But hey, if they're fixing that, then I'll definitely be ordering the Gen 5 when it drops.

On 01/12/2022 at 14:34, rocketdogbert said:

Yeah, gen1/2 or 5 for Me

I'd never paid it too much attention but got to hold a RS Gen.5 19 last week and definitely feels nicer without the finger grooves.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

"Baton Airsoft in Japan"

So a plastic slide?

Sounds like it. But I wouldnt confuse the Baton's Gen 5 with GHK's. You can see from the finish in the first post its a metal slide on the GHK.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see the latest update on the GHK Gen 5 now states it will have a trigger pressure similar to the real pistol. They said that about the Gen 3, and we know they can be a very heavy pull weight.

The Gen 5 was supposed to be released by March 23, with a much lighter trigger, wonder if they had problems actually getting it reliable, hence the delay & new wording. 

• 6 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.