P90 choice

FluffyGoth

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there,

I've wanted a P90 since before I started airsoft properly. My plan was to get a TM one, however with both Krytac and Novritsch releasing their own versions I was wondering which one people would recommend? Open to any and all suggestions. Thank you

Welcome 🖐

I'm certainly no expert on the P90 but I'm sure most will say the TM is king.

Someone may chime in on the Krytac but you should look at plenty of reviews.

I wouldn't consider the Novi version as its just an upgraded generic one which they charge loads for.

I have the older Classic Army which is great but duno if still available.

Edited by EDcase

Going by reveiws the Novi is based on a CYMA which is TM clone. Do not get any of the sport lines especially classic army it's garbage. I personally run a TM RD with MAG 170RD mid caps( high caps are clever but prone to jaming). No experience of krytac or novritsch p90 but other than a mosfet cannot see what they offer over in this case the significantly cheaper TM.

13 hours ago, EDcase said:

Welcome 🖐

I'm certainly no expert on the P90 but I'm sure most will say the TM is king.

Someone may chime in on the Krytac but you should look at plenty of reviews.

I wouldn't consider the Novi version as its just an upgraded generic one which they charge loads for.

I have the older Classic Army which is great but duno if still available.

I've heard a lot of people say that about to novritsch one, plus I'm not sure I like the stylings of that one

57 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Going by reveiws the Novi is based on a CYMA which is TM clone. Do not get any of the sport lines especially classic army it's garbage. I personally run a TM RD with MAG 170RD mid caps( high caps are clever but prone to jaming). No experience of krytac or novritsch p90 but other than a mosfet cannot see what they offer over in this case the significantly cheaper TM.

My original plan was to get TM then upgrade it if necessary so I may stick with that plan. have heard that the high cap mags are a nightmare for P90s

1 hour ago, FluffyGoth said:

I've heard a lot of people say that about to novritsch one, plus I'm not sure I like the stylings of that one

My original plan was to get TM then upgrade it if necessary so I may stick with that plan. have heard that the high cap mags are a nightmare for P90s

The TM doesn't really need up grading it shoots far enough and consistently enough to be competitive in woodland. Whole point of TM guns are that they are just well built guns that run consistently and reliably. If it wasn't for how much fun my recoil HK416 is the p90 would be my go to gun.

On 09/11/2022 at 12:37, BigStew said:

The TM doesn't really need up grading it shoots far enough and consistently enough to be competitive in woodland. Whole point of TM guns are that they are just well built guns that run consistently and reliably. If it wasn't for how much fun my recoil HK416 is the p90 would be my go to gun.

That's a very good point, mostly play in woodlands so that should work well for me

I will make myself unpopular here and say that the TM P90 is not worth it at all any more. It is very outdated and the CYMA/Cybergun P90s are a direct copy for half the price with a better quality body. The problems I have with the TM is the body is creaky even compared to all the other cheap P90s, it has to be one of the worst. The TM/CYMA gearboxes use 6mm bushings which are fine but small by modern standards, but the spur gear sits on a proprietary oval bushing. I think guarder make a set of aftermarket bushings that have this shape but they are hard to find a and stupidly expensive. Bushings don't often need replacing, but these are relatively soft for both TM and CYMA and you can run into isuues trying to shim aftermarket gears on the stock bushings. The cut-off levers aren't very strong for both of these and wear quite quickly over time especially with high ROF builds, the trigger switches are fine but nothing special. These also don't have a quick change spring, not the end of the world but really by now it should be a standard feature especially if you are paying the kind of money the TM is listed at. The internals are pretty low spec and outdated. plastic rack piston and head, no bearing on piston head or spring guide and brass or aluminium cylinder. The gears are fine but nothing special.

I have held and fired the Krytac but don't won one and if you want the best build quality one out there then it is the one to go for, all the other P90s feel like plastic toys compared to it, however it is expensive and not completely standard inside and the stock internals can have problems with overspin at UK power limits. It does have a mag cut off which is nice.

Same with the Nov one, I have tried someone elses at a field. Externally it is the same quality as a CYMA and nothing special apart from the redesigned front end and trigger but that is all preference. It shoots pretty well for a stock gun, nice and snappy but the trigger still feels like an airsoft P90 trigger and isn't as nice as the Krytac in my opinion. It might be a bit overpriced compared to doing everything yourself but not an awful choice if you like the look of it.

G&G have a really nice body to them, standard bushings on all the gears and quick change spring. the newer ones have their mosfet installed, the internals are ok on them but are pricey for what they are.

The Double Bell P90 is a wolf in sheep's clothing and really is one to consider. The internals are the best of the bunch apart form the Krytac/Nov ones. They have a full steel rack lightweight piston, aluminium double o'ring piston head and bearing, stainless steel cylinder, decent cylinder head, 8mm bearings on all gears and a quick change spring. The motor is still ferrite magnets but is much snappier than the TM or CYMA, the wiring is all fine but unfortunately no mosfet as standard. The gears are nice and hard and come with a delayer chip already installed. The only thing internally that lets it down is the lack of o'ring on the nozzle but very few stock guns have that and it hasn't been a problem on any of mine so far. The only thing that lets the Double Bell down is the externals. The body isn't quite as good as the CYMA, it has some flashing internally (doesn't really matter and unlikely to even notice unless you take it to pieces) but it feels slightly more plasticy on the outside, not by a huge margin but worth noting. Compared to the TM I would say it is on par if not better, the TM plastic feels harder and almost shiny compared to the others but also a bit more flimsy. The biggest drawback is that the Double Bell comes with a plastic upper receiver, this is what completely changes the feel of the gun and understandably turns some people off it straight away. If there was an easy way to just buy CYMA upper P90 receivers I would do it in a heart beat as then you would have basically the ultimate budget P90.

I have just received the two Perun P90 mosfets that I ordered and will be installing one in one of my Double Bells and then one in my CYMA with a Double Bell Gearbox swap, I currently have one with a hacked Perun ETU++ and that works ok but was a right pain to set up and you can't get a two stage trigger working with it because of how the switches interact with each other so it s just permanently locked to semi. Hopefully the new dedicated mosfets should make everything better and much easier but I will have to see after installing them. These Mosfets do cost £100 each though so it is worth keeping that in mind if you are thinking about doing serious upgrades.

P90 mags are hit and miss and can suck. Sometime the highcaps are great and you can feed a whole mag from one wind, other times they dont feed right or you have to take them off and wind them again part way through; at least they don't rattle like normal highcaps. The midcaps are meh at best, the cyma ones that are 70 rounds are ok but terrible capacity and dont feed well with high rof builds, the TM ones again have terrible capacity for their size but in a stock TM they feed fine but that isn't saying much. I haven't managed to find any MAG branded 170 round midcaps in stock for a reasonable price including shipping anywhere over the last couple of years, they are what people rave about being the gold standard of P90 midcaps. The Krytac mags are probably fine, but at £30 each they can fuck off I am not paying that. I run with a heretical M4 adapter that I designed so it sits like an Bren gun. This obviously has drawbacks of being able to use any kind of sight inline with the bore, but it allows me to use good quality M4 midcaps to keep up with high ROF and they are a much better package for carrying on a chest rig. It gets lots of stares and comments and is very decisive but does work wonderfully. 

• 4 weeks later...

On 11/11/2022 at 12:39, Terry_Rist said:

I will make myself unpopular here and say that the TM P90 is not worth it at all any more. It is very outdated and the CYMA/Cybergun P90s are a direct copy for half the price with a better quality body. The problems I have with the TM is the body is creaky even compared to all the other cheap P90s, it has to be one of the worst. The TM/CYMA gearboxes use 6mm bushings which are fine but small by modern standards, but the spur gear sits on a proprietary oval bushing. I think guarder make a set of aftermarket bushings that have this shape but they are hard to find a and stupidly expensive. Bushings don't often need replacing, but these are relatively soft for both TM and CYMA and you can run into isuues trying to shim aftermarket gears on the stock bushings. The cut-off levers aren't very strong for both of these and wear quite quickly over time especially with high ROF builds, the trigger switches are fine but nothing special. These also don't have a quick change spring, not the end of the world but really by now it should be a standard feature especially if you are paying the kind of money the TM is listed at. The internals are pretty low spec and outdated. plastic rack piston and head, no bearing on piston head or spring guide and brass or aluminium cylinder. The gears are fine but nothing special.

I have held and fired the Krytac but don't won one and if you want the best build quality one out there then it is the one to go for, all the other P90s feel like plastic toys compared to it, however it is expensive and not completely standard inside and the stock internals can have problems with overspin at UK power limits. It does have a mag cut off which is nice.

Same with the Nov one, I have tried someone elses at a field. Externally it is the same quality as a CYMA and nothing special apart from the redesigned front end and trigger but that is all preference. It shoots pretty well for a stock gun, nice and snappy but the trigger still feels like an airsoft P90 trigger and isn't as nice as the Krytac in my opinion. It might be a bit overpriced compared to doing everything yourself but not an awful choice if you like the look of it.

G&G have a really nice body to them, standard bushings on all the gears and quick change spring. the newer ones have their mosfet installed, the internals are ok on them but are pricey for what they are.

The Double Bell P90 is a wolf in sheep's clothing and really is one to consider. The internals are the best of the bunch apart form the Krytac/Nov ones. They have a full steel rack lightweight piston, aluminium double o'ring piston head and bearing, stainless steel cylinder, decent cylinder head, 8mm bearings on all gears and a quick change spring. The motor is still ferrite magnets but is much snappier than the TM or CYMA, the wiring is all fine but unfortunately no mosfet as standard. The gears are nice and hard and come with a delayer chip already installed. The only thing internally that lets it down is the lack of o'ring on the nozzle but very few stock guns have that and it hasn't been a problem on any of mine so far. The only thing that lets the Double Bell down is the externals. The body isn't quite as good as the CYMA, it has some flashing internally (doesn't really matter and unlikely to even notice unless you take it to pieces) but it feels slightly more plasticy on the outside, not by a huge margin but worth noting. Compared to the TM I would say it is on par if not better, the TM plastic feels harder and almost shiny compared to the others but also a bit more flimsy. The biggest drawback is that the Double Bell comes with a plastic upper receiver, this is what completely changes the feel of the gun and understandably turns some people off it straight away. If there was an easy way to just buy CYMA upper P90 receivers I would do it in a heart beat as then you would have basically the ultimate budget P90.

I have just received the two Perun P90 mosfets that I ordered and will be installing one in one of my Double Bells and then one in my CYMA with a Double Bell Gearbox swap, I currently have one with a hacked Perun ETU++ and that works ok but was a right pain to set up and you can't get a two stage trigger working with it because of how the switches interact with each other so it s just permanently locked to semi. Hopefully the new dedicated mosfets should make everything better and much easier but I will have to see after installing them. These Mosfets do cost £100 each though so it is worth keeping that in mind if you are thinking about doing serious upgrades.

P90 mags are hit and miss and can suck. Sometime the highcaps are great and you can feed a whole mag from one wind, other times they dont feed right or you have to take them off and wind them again part way through; at least they don't rattle like normal highcaps. The midcaps are meh at best, the cyma ones that are 70 rounds are ok but terrible capacity and dont feed well with high rof builds, the TM ones again have terrible capacity for their size but in a stock TM they feed fine but that isn't saying much. I haven't managed to find any MAG branded 170 round midcaps in stock for a reasonable price including shipping anywhere over the last couple of years, they are what people rave about being the gold standard of P90 midcaps. The Krytac mags are probably fine, but at £30 each they can fuck off I am not paying that. I run with a heretical M4 adapter that I designed so it sits like an Bren gun. This obviously has drawbacks of being able to use any kind of sight inline with the bore, but it allows me to use good quality M4 midcaps to keep up with high ROF and they are a much better package for carrying on a chest rig. It gets lots of stares and comments and is very decisive but does work wonderfully. 

This is possibly the best breakdown about the different models I've ever received, thank you! Will be sure to take it all in before deciding which one to go for.

Edited by FluffyGoth

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.