Japanese GSDF Minimi

Herrgh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an M249 to complete my JGSDF impression. Here is a RS example:

image.png.06051efea2a658c5e1f55626984c8849.png

Googling around, it seems the closest airsoft equivalent to real JSDF Minimi's are Mk1 M249s (like from Specna Arms, where the stock and lower handguard match), but with the top heatshield from the Mk2?

image.png.7f0001d6280e4d0dffb283f5bdbb0cf3.png

Might it be as simple as obtaining a Mk2 top heatshield as a spare part and slapping it on?

Example of an airsoft Mk1 M249: 

image.png.6447fd1f282904cf656d766d3bc76144.png

Any from current Minimi owners as to how feasible this is would be appreciated.

As you've seen the Specna Arms 249s I assume you've seen the Para? The handguard is almost identical, though obviously the stock and outer barrel would be to be charged. Closest I can think of.

HOWEVER, be wary of the Specna Core range. I have the 249 Para, and out of the box it is NOT great.

But for an LMG they are cheap and light.

• Supporters

Id go for the A&K mk1 over the SA, and toss a mk2 top on it. Shouldnt be *too* hard to find one. (Yes I know mines a Para)

336704158_IMG-6153(1).thumb.jpg.d8bc94042ee19911a32062b4bef3c33b.jpgIMG-6414.jpg.d5d1dff235473efac64f9151ba3a6739.jpg

21 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

As you've seen the Specna Arms 249s I assume you've seen the Para? The handguard is almost identical, though obviously the stock and outer barrel would be to be charged. Closest I can think of.

Cheers. I think I'd rather get the Mk1 as there is nothing to change out (correct lower handguard, correct stock, correct barrel length). Just need to know if adding a Mk2 top heatshield would be an easy job or if it would require, say, the services of a tech.

1 hour ago, Herrgh said:

Cheers. I think I'd rather get the Mk1 as there is nothing to change out (correct lower handguard, correct stock, correct barrel length). Just need to know if adding a Mk2 top heatshield would be an easy job or if it would require, say, the services of a tech.

The heat shield on my CA is as simple as hooking on the front and clipping it down onto the barrel. Have an ask around in groups if anyone has a heat shield they've taken off and aren't using

• Supporters
7 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

The heat shield on my CA is as simple as hooking on the front and clipping it down onto the barrel. Have an ask around in groups if anyone has a heat shield they've taken off and aren't using

Same for the A&Ks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.