Audio Setup for Dye i4 Goggles

Leah

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for a headset/earpiece setup while using a Dye i4? Prior to the i4 I used a headset, however this is way too big for the goggles. I'd prefer to keep a headset-like setup if possible since my earbuds hurt my ears after a little time - though I understand that this may not be ideal with the goggles.

Does anyone have any recommendations for buds/earphones that would fit - along with a microphone. I currently run a Z113 PTT, so not sure if I may need to replace that too?

My radio is a UV-5R

I've just tried my racal frontier under a dye i4 and the fit was fine. Radio comes through the left ear, and microphone os built into the right ear.  I have it running through a ptt into a baofeng 5ur radio.

If you really want over ear then I'd look to remove the ear Pro from the mask and go from there, but look to get some gel cups as they conform better to a misshapen set of surfaces (in use peltors for work with assorted pieces of ppe)

22 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I've just tried my racal frontier under a dye i4 and the fit was fine. Radio comes through the left ear, and microphone os built into the right ear.  I have it running through a ptt into a baofeng 5ur radio.

If you really want over ear then I'd look to remove the ear Pro from the mask and go from there, but look to get some gel cups as they conform better to a misshapen set of surfaces (in use peltors for work with assorted pieces of ppe)

Thanks for the information :) looks like I'd have to get a really old used version of those as they don't seem to sell them new anymore?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.