33g CO2 cartridge in ak stock?

gossyplum2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently discovered Polarstar's UGS butt stock that allows co2 cartridges or small hpa tanks to be screwed into the stock. Unfortunately though, it seems they do not have any stocks for ak platforms.
I was wondering, how would one go about creating an ak stock that accepts 33g co2 cartridges that can power a kythera gas engine. Does anyone know of any similar projects that have been done and what parts you would need to go about making something like this?

Pros:
> higher efficiency

> can operate in colder temperatures

> can go through 500 shots with one 33g co2 capsule
> no need to carry around a cumbersome hpa tank or hpa line that gets in the way

> no need to replace cartridges in individual mags or refill gas mags, one cartridge powers the whole system

Cons:
> co2 cartridges probably less economic than green gas or compressed air
> high cost custom project

My perfect setup imo would be: ghk ak74, kythera engine w/ 33g co2 ak butt stock

Thoughts?

The main issue with 33g stocks are that 33g co2 capsules are exorbitantly expensive. 12g is roughly 30-50p depending if you buy bulk or not. 33g cost £8-10 individually and it's very hard to get them in bulk. Let's say 3x 12g capsules = 1 33g capsule. It's still around 6x the cost (10/1.5) which is insane. Not very economical to run and hard to get a hold of. Haven't seen anyone use them at all.

Wecome to the forum.

A HPA engine will not work with a GHK AK47. HPA engines replace the innards of a mechbox powered by a battery and the GHK being a gas blow back system is not compatible. 

A lot of people with GHKs change the valve over to a Co2 version and directly fill Co2 into the magazine. Its called the "devil hunter mod" name after the guy that did it first. A vid showing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dma5y11DyhU

When you do this you are asking a presser vessel that's made to hold 150-200psi to take 800psi. I personally in my 3 years running GHKs have never had any issues but you might, so do so at your own risk ETC ETC. 

Stocks that can take both sizes of Co2 capsule exist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cvUkPBYSc but for a different weapon system. If it was me I would research how they have done it and go from there. 

So other options are a drum magazine tapped for HPA or on the extreme end something from Daytona https://www.daytonagunairsoft.com/collections/conversion-kits/products/daytona-mfg-ghk-ak-steel-internal-kit-gas-powered but both systems require a hose. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.