G&G etu L22 (the stubby SA80) only shooting full auto

Brokencreation

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I git my hands on a l22 from G&G fit cheap. It shoots fine but it only shoots in full auto in semi and in full auto. What do you guys think it may be? Not had a chance to take it apart and I have never worked on The etu stuff from g&g. My first thought is maybe the cut of lever but that’s surely handed by the etu and mosfet now right? 

Do you know which trigger unit it has? If it is the micro switch type the it be worth running the gear box outside if the rif and manually operating the selector plate. I had a build recently where the selector plate had warped slightly and would  not put enough pressure on the switch to activate, similar symptoms to you, the same function in both possible positions.

Yes it is the micro switch one I popped the top off to see what I could see and the trigger bar hits a tiny little button. I will try what you suggested later and see how it goes 

7 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Do you know which trigger unit it has? If it is the micro switch type the it be worth running the gear box outside if the rif and manually operating the selector plate. I had a build recently where the selector plate had warped slightly and would  not put enough pressure on the switch to activate, similar symptoms to you, the same function in both possible positions.

okay i have taken the gearbox out, and on the selector side there are two levers,a little one fon the bottom and a big on what actually hits the switch to put the gun into semi auto. the big one does not move when i actuate the fire selector. would you say there is something broken in the lower half of my gearbox

It might not be broken but might be out of place or worn slightly. If you attach the motor and hold the selector in place to fire, and cycle the rif and get normal function then I'd look at the selectors shape, it's a D shape if memory serves to lock into the mechanism and then the plates interaction with the etu.

11 hours ago, concretesnail said:

It might not be broken but might be out of place or worn slightly. If you attach the motor and hold the selector in place to fire, and cycle the rif and get normal function then I'd look at the selectors shape, it's a D shape if memory serves to lock into the mechanism and then the plates interaction with the etu.

I will see what i can do. for the time being i have semi locked it by locking the bigger actuator arm on the selector side in the up position so its locked to semi rather than full auto 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.