I got a cyma cm.125 electric hand gun, not sure how/how long to charge.

lavrlevcat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Today I got delivered a Cyma cm.125 handgun and with it came a cable to the station which you charge the battery with which is Ni-MH 6*2/3N 500mAh 7.2V. I'm not sure how long to charge it, when I plug it in the power brick led turns a red colour but does it stay become another colour/give any feedback when its done charging? If not how long should i charge it?

Edited by lavrlevcat

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Even the cheap (read dangerous and binned after you open the box) Chinese chargers have a colour changing led to show when it’s ready

Just keep it close to hand when it’s charging so as you can keep an eye on it (and be alerted by smoke) 😂

alr thanks man 

• Supporters

I'd note that the best thing you can do with those AEPs is to switch to using a 7.4v lipo battery, either by wiring in a new connector, or by using an aftermarket battery like this one:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

On 30/08/2022 at 12:08, Rogerborg said:

I'd note that the best thing you can do with those AEPs is to switch to using a 7.4v76 lipo battery, either by wiring in a new connector, or by using an aftermarket battery like this one:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

^^^
tl;dr
i agree

I got this for the one i got (it says ASG but it's the same gun as the cyma)
- had to file down the end a little bit for it to fit a little nicer

This was after buying a brand new aep nimh battery and it dying pretty much instantly (friend has same nimh battery, same make etc, and it worked, so guess i got a dud)

The li-po one charges with your standard lipo smart chargers, which tend to have nice obvious led charge lights to let you know as well 
- with the added bonus that you can plug it into a battery tester too

wiring in a normal battery connector is pretty easy too, so is an option, 
but would prob suggest the lipo

Edited by -davo-

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.