Possible g&g etu issue.

concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a possible issue and wondered of anyone has gone through it already.
G&g etu and perun etu++, rif runs fine in semi and is firing in semi in the second position too. Perun won't go into setting mode.
Then on a whim I popped the g&g mosfet back in and it just beeps (video of the g&g beeps to follow)
I'm thinking that the second switch which runs the second fire setting isn't working. Meaning that the perun is defaulting to single shot and the g&g mosfet is just refusing to cycle. 
On visual inspection of the etu all the micro switches are intact and functional (move and return) but short of stripping the gear box and getting the multimeter on it I cant 100% confirm it.
How likely is the issue to be within the etu unit? 

"If it beeps once per second, then it means low voltage. If it beeps continuously, then it means the motor couldn't pull the spring, either the GB is jammed, or the motor isn't strong enough. If it beeps twice a second, then it means the sector gear is at the wrong position."

So possibly battery isn't charged enough for it's liking

Check your battery is fully charged, and/or use a battery checker on the one you tried this with to make sure the battery isn't on it's way out

Thanks for the response davo but i know its not the battery, its a full charged 11.1v lipo. I know the motor is clearly strong enough as the rif cycles fine with the perun connected and isn't jammed. Currently both the semi position and the auto are firing in semi with the perun connected. But the perun won't go into setup mode, which is accessed by switching from semi into auto and back again very quickly at least twice. 

This is why I think it migh be an etu fault. The perun runs semi on both as it doesn't 'see' the second switch, and goes with what it knows, fring in semi. While the g&g mosfet just has a hissey nd does nothing. How if it the micro switch that triggers full auto is dead then the perun won't know it's being asked to go into setup mode.

Most likely the ETU trigger board is dead (how surprising, huh?).

If I were you I'd sell the ETU++, ditch the G&G trigger board and get myself a nice Perun Hybrid (which is just as expensive as a G&G ETU, but a gazillion times better)

That's what I'm thinking right now. I've email perun to ask about the hybrid a retaining the empty mag cut-off. Thinking that if I reroute the signal wire via the mag switch....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.