Motors

Aaron.l

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

I'm just looking into start upgrading my primary but I don't know a lot.

I'm currently running a specna arms sa e19 xasr edition. I've changed the barrel, put a prommy purple in it, but I'm looking to increase my trigger response. I know a good motor upgrade is a good idea, but I don't know what my gearbox can handle as I don't know the specs, and I don't want something that's going to cause parts to wear faster.

Been told an asg boost 30000 is a good shout, but I've heard good things about the asg infinity. Only problem is, I don't know which would suit my needs best, 18000 to 45000. I also don't want to fork out for a warhead or spend more money upgrading my gearbox etc. I'm literally looking for something I can drop in my rif for that extra boost in trigger response that isn't going to wear anything out, break something, or I have to do loads more upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

If you have an electronic trigger of sort or mosfet in the rif already then warhead brushless is a great drop in that will effectively improve response as it take less time to spin up and cycle. I appreciate they aren't cheap but they aren't rif specific and you could take it out and sell it on or move it to another rif.

Outside of the motor short stroke or precock mosfets can get the feel too but require more work. 

I recently dropped a new motor into an older rif as I wanted a quicker cycle, I didn't go for the warhead. Its better than it was but I regret not opting for the warhead having now used one.

Edited by concretesnail

31 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

If you have an electronic trigger of sort or mosfet in the rif already then warhead brushless is a great drop in that will effectively improve response as it take less time to spin up and cycle. I appreciate they aren't cheap but they aren't rif specific and you could take it out and sell it on or move it to another rif.

Outside of the motor short stroke or precock mosfets can get the feel too but require more work. 

I recently dropped a new motor into an older rif as I wanted a quicker cycle, I didn't go for the warhead. Its better than it was but I regret not opting for the warhead having now used one.

If I used a warhead, would it be too powerful or would I need to upgrade my gearbox etc?

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Aaron.l said:

Hi guys, 

I'm just looking into start upgrading my primary but I don't know a lot.

I'm currently running a specna arms sa e19 xasr edition. I've changed the barrel, put a prommy purple in it, but I'm looking to increase my trigger response. I know a good motor upgrade is a good idea, but I don't know what my gearbox can handle as I don't know the specs, and I don't want something that's going to cause parts to wear faster.

Been told an asg boost 30000 is a good shout, but I've heard good things about the asg infinity. Only problem is, I don't know which would suit my needs best, 18000 to 45000. I also don't want to fork out for a warhead or spend more money upgrading my gearbox etc. I'm literally looking for something I can drop in my rif for that extra boost in trigger response that isn't going to wear anything out, break something, or I have to do loads more upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Okay...that's the Orion gearbox so I wouldn't rush to spend a ton on a Warhead because you'll most likely be replacing parts before you can say "what's that funny noise?".

The ASG Boost is OK but no better than something like the Rocket 28TPA motors, the Infinity is a better product but again, for what you're trying to achieve I'm not sure it's worth the extra bunce.

In terms of RPM etc then if you just want to improve trigger response then look for a "torque" type motor - somewhere around the 30k rpm mark at a guess.

The X-ASR mosfet is very basic and will do little more than protect your trigger contacts. Don't be surprised if you end up having to replace it down the road with something a bit better.

This would be a decent shout https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/motors-parts/xt-high-torque-motor-22tpa-long-fan

17 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Okay...that's the Orion gearbox so I wouldn't rush to spend a ton on a Warhead because you'll most likely be replacing parts before you can say "what's that funny noise?".

The ASG Boost is OK but no better than something like the Rocket 28TPA motors, the Infinity is a better product but again, for what you're trying to achieve I'm not sure it's worth the extra bunce.

In terms of RPM etc then if you just want to improve trigger response then look for a "torque" type motor - somewhere around the 30k rpm mark at a guess.

The X-ASR mosfet is very basic and will do little more than protect your trigger contacts. Don't be surprised if you end up having to replace it down the road with something a bit better.

This would be a decent shout https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/motors-parts/xt-high-torque-motor-22tpa-long-fan

Cheers

If I do go for an asg boost or infinity is it 30000 I'm looking at getting? I don't know what the infinity 18000 would do but I know it goes up to 45000, I just don't know what number I should be looking at getting that gives me the better response from the trigger without damaging other parts.

Just now, Aaron.l said:

Cheers

If I do go for an asg boost or infinity is it 30000 I'm looking at getting? I don't know what the infinity 18000 would do but I know it goes up to 45000, I just don't know what number I should be looking at getting that gives me the better response from the trigger without damaging other parts.

Also, if I upgrade my motor, does that mean I'll definitely need to upgrade the xasr to be able to handle it?

• Supporters
Just now, Aaron.l said:

Cheers

I'd go for the 30k. I have an 18k Infinity in my DMR because it's pulling a big spring and it is quite a slow beast. 30K will give you a respectable response without ending up turning it into a high RoF BB hose!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.