TM Hi-Capa Nozzles

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've ventured in the the world of Hi-Capa builds, purchasing a AM slide & 5KU outer barrel for starters. However in my parts box I also have a Guarder lightweight BBU and nozzle. Just thinking though, the stock Gold Match uses the 15mm cylinder. Does that make these Guarder parts somewhat incompatible or a step backwards?

On 08/08/2022 at 13:25, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've ventured in the the world of Hi-Capa builds, purchasing a AM slide & 5KU outer barrel for starters. However in my parts box I also have a Guarder lightweight BBU and nozzle. Just thinking though, the stock Gold Match uses the 15mm cylinder. Does that make these Guarder parts somewhat incompatible or a step backwards?

Good morning! I think it’s only the DIR variant that uses the newer 15mm system. If you’re already in on a Airsoft  Masterpiece slide, I’d be inclined to look at either a AM BBU or the CCT one at some point. I’ve got a couple of the CCT ones in my Limcats and theyre great for efficiency thanks to the porting on the piston. Having said that, my Infinity build uses an AM BBU and both the recoil and cold weather performance always seems better, possibly it allows the valve to stay open longer? That being said, the Guarder lightweight bbu is in no way going to be a step backward and should make a noticeable difference to cycling speed with the new slide installed. 

My only experience with the Guarder nozzle was rather brief, the loading ramp disintegrated within a days play! I wouldn’t judge all of them on my own limited experience but I’ll personally be sticking to TM/AIP/Edge for replacement nozzles

Thanks for that. I'm not the biggest fan of fettling, so will always try to get parts which marry-up whenever possible. I've bought everything on Hi-Capa Hub and after struggling with a sticky nozzle yesterday, placed another order for an Edge BBU and AIP nozzle (as they state the AIP works "flawlessly" with Edge BBU's).

Overall I'm happy with the basic add-ons so far and will no-doubt continue changing parts down the line. Although for the time being I'm actually thinking to just use the TM Gold Match outer barrel. The slide runs very smoothly. I guess it'll wear out quicker being plastic on metal but then worse case scenario I can just buy a metal outer then.

Do you have any preference on short stroke buffers? The JL Progression set look quite interesting.

Pic for reference... obviously nothing on any of your builds but I like it for a first step!

IMG20220809195723.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

The buffers I only use on my go-to indoor gun that I run exclusively on HPA

I’ve got the CCT ones but I’d be surprised if there was any functional difference between brands.

Running 120% recoil springs and 3 short stroke buffers utter destroys gas efficiency… I can’t even get a mag out of the Battlecat in this set up! It makes for a very snappy gun on HPA though 

My other two capas are used as sidearms and I value the lock back on empty feature over a marginal decrease in cycling time

Installed the Edge BBU, AIP nozzle and AIP 140% nozzle spring. That solved the sticky nozzle issue. It's now very smooth and gas efficient (I just mag dumped three lots of BB's on one gas charge and there was zero venting and very little difference in snappiness).

A new issue is that the TM rear sight is wobbly, no matter how much tighten it. Any ideas or I should pick up an aftermarket one?

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

I've got a ghost ring rear sight on mine, it's pretty nice and more solid than the stock sight. Works really well with a fibreoptic front sight.

It's worth putting some mild threadlock on the top rearsight screw; it has a tendency to work itself loose, especially if you're using higher power gases.

Edited by Floperator

Thanks for the tip. I've built quite a few Glocks and now venturing in to this. I keep telling myself it's going to be a very basic build, yet somehow it keeps evolving.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.