PSG-1 Building?

Vaquera

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone. Been tinkering with the idea yet again of a PSG-1 and while cool they're a bit expensive. 

So I had the genius idea to get all the furniture and slap it on a G3 AEG that might be a bit more flexible with upgrades / replacement parts and come with an auto function, but finding those parts is seeming a pain too.

In the current climate is it less headache inducing to just surrender and get a TM PSG? Then if I still want to play with the idea of the auto setting later switch bits later on a G3? Is that actually possible?

33 minutes ago, Vaquera said:

Hey everyone. Been tinkering with the idea yet again of a PSG-1 and while cool they're a bit expensive. 

So I had the genius idea to get all the furniture and slap it on a G3 AEG that might be a bit more flexible with upgrades / replacement parts and come with an auto function, but finding those parts is seeming a pain too.

In the current climate is it less headache inducing to just surrender and get a TM PSG? Then if I still want to play with the idea of the auto setting later switch bits later on a G3? Is that actually possible?

there is almost non common parts between the G3 and the PSG-1 sadly . Better to build or buy an MSG90

1 hour ago, Vaquera said:

You will be cheaper buying a PSG-1. 

Edited by BigStew

You can use all the furniture of the psg1 with a g3 v2 gearbox bar the grip. You will also need to swap the hop unit for a g3 kne.

Begadi used to do lovely real wood grips and king arms used to do black rubber ones but i havnt seen them for a while.

The drawback of using a v2 gearbox is that you do loose some cylinder volume in comparison to the v4 gearbox.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.