G&G AR advice

MrFlash90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If it's your first and you are hell bent on G&G only then a lot of my friends recommended a Wildhog to me as a not too expensive weapon with ETU and Mosfet etc (around £200 - £250 depending on where you buy from) which allowed me to budget for 2 extra mags, 2 batteries, a charger, weapon case etc also (do make sure to figure those into your budget if it is your first weapon, you're probably looking at least £50-100 extra on top of the weapon itself)).

I went to a physical store to get hands on and a feel for the weapon and ended up spending a little more and getting a G&G Predator personally, which has pretty much the same features but just looked a bit cooler more than anything else. There's the CM16 variant which is polymer body and the GC16 variant which is steel body (if I recall correctly). You'd probably want to change the stock as batteries can be a bit of a tight fit (though they will fit if you get the right type). It felt nice and comfortable, and has a nice fire rate.

I am sure more experienced players here will be able to give you a whole range of diverse information and maybe even recommend better brands or models, but as a new player this was my experience purchasing a new G&G weapon personally. I definitely recommend going into a store and getting some hands on if you are able to.

Edited by Unreal Warfare

Issues with G&G:

- They keep jacking the prices up and no longer represent good value for money

- The ETUs are wank and depending on what version you end up with, may need replacing the Mosfet unit (with a Perun ETU++) to use certain batteries.

- Avoid the TopTechs with the pneumatic blowback - the gearbox casings are made of cheese.

Otherwise, they work OK, but are not exceptional in any way.

£400 will give you a lot of options, G&G would not be on my to-buy list TBH.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.