Inner barrel question

Dems

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought a non functioning g&p m4 and have slowly been replacing bits here and there to get it working.

Now that its alive, is it worth replacing the stock inner barrel with something like a ZCI 6.02 inner barrel?

Haven't taken it to a field yet to test its accuracy yet but have cleaned the inner barrel.

Many thanks

• Supporters

hard one to call, but i'd worry about field testing it first, get a baseline.

the inner barrel tends to have less of an impact on performance than factors like air seal or hop quality, so i'd look to getting that side of things dialed in first before worrying about it.

on the other hand, the zci's are decent, and depending on your long term goals you might figure it's worth dropping in now rather than later if you're committed to taking the build far enough to utilise it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Already put in a ML macaron and an omega nub. Air seal seems quite strong against nozzle and without. SHS M100 spring shooting at around 335fps

Edited by Dems

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Dems said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Already put in a ML macaron and an omega nub. Air seal seems quite strong against nozzle and without. SHS M100 spring shooting at around 335fps

what's the variance? ie the range of fps you get over a few shots?

short of actual range testing that's the best indicator for potential accuracy.

guess it boils down to your budget, if you want to keep the cost of the barrel aside in case something else needs changed, but if you've got the money then why not take out one more variable?

Did it a few days ago but I think it was +/- 1 but will need to double check.

Maybe you're right given that a barrel is only £20 or so. Was a real pain to get that barrel spacer out from the hop up, felt like it was welded In haha. I actually had to take a small flathead and a small hammer to it to edge it into the hop up window

• Supporters
On 29/07/2022 at 17:33, Adolf Hamster said:

1 is pretty damn good, taking that at face value i'd say it's into the territory where you'll notice a better barrel.

... assuming that you get the same seal with the ZCI.  I tend to throw them in, because £20 or so on something that actually gets used on every trigger pull is a lot more value for money than most of the ancillary toys that we buy.

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

... assuming that you get the same seal with the ZCI.  I tend to throw them in, because £20 or so on something that actually gets used on every trigger pull is a lot more value for money than most of the ancillary toys that we buy.

true, this remains a constant possibility, but by the sounds of it any such problem will be one of those unavoidable part compatibility issues, and at least the zci's aren't massively expensive.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.