TM MP7 GBBR Maintenance

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yesterday I gave my new TM MP7 GBBR it's first outing and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't actually cleaned the inner barrel since I bought it but I did give it a good lube. I plan to take it out again on 24th, should I be cleaning (including the inner barrel) and reapplying lube before then?

Apologies for the noob questions but it's my first proper GBBR and I just want to check how frequently others are doing these things.

You certainly want to clean the inner barrel (best to do that after every game day) . Cant hurt to clean and relube the bolt too, but not as essential. I tend to strip my GBBR's and clean the bolts and re apply lube monthly or if I've been playing in very mucky conditions I'll do it post game.

It's normally the best to take it apart and have a little mess around after each game day when using a GBBR, as said above, lube application doesn't need to be that frequent but it's nice to keep on top of it. Just also be careful when cleaning the barrel, try not to use anything that may damage the inside, and don't apply anything to that, same applies to the hop unit generally too.

On a side note, also try to keep some gas in the magazines when you store it, keeps the mags gas tight and keeps the seals lubed. I have a small bottle of Abbey maintenance gas that I use to fill the magazines of my GBBP when they're in storage. It's also good to shoot the gun using that gas every now and then just to keep the deep internals good too.

Enjoy the MP7. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.