Booking ends at midnight....

AirSniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 02/07/2022 at 13:39, Druid799 said:

Shish Kebab a dish of Turkish origin made of skewered and grilled cubes of meat . A staple of Mediterranean cuisine similar to a dish called Shashlik which is found through the Caucasus region .

the term ‘Souvlaki’ is a variation of the Macedonian word ‘souvla’ which ment ‘skewer’ and was uniformly used throughout the Macedonian sphere of influence to describe any meat dish cooked over a heat source with the food ‘impaled’ on too bamboo/metal or wooden skewers .

No Egyptian input required ?😉

I was thinking more of the 'the creators of Souvlaki were debating the meaning of life when the kebab mongers were still arguing over who’s goat was the prettiest one !' bit.  Those Middle Eastern pastoralists had formed civilisations and pondered life's ponderables long before the Greeks.   

Egyptian kebabs are similar to koftas or chicken marinated in yoghurt.  TBH I haven't a clue if they crop up in any ancient records but I like the idea that some tomb has an engraving of a man with a kebab and a vessel full of ale rolling out of a tavern in ancient Giza or similar.  

It's a bit shit if these people invented the wonder of the kebab and all they get remembered for is maths, geometry and The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.  I mean, there are priorities!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 01:00, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I was thinking more of the 'the creators of Souvlaki were debating the meaning of life when the kebab mongers were still arguing over who’s goat was the prettiest one !' bit.  Those Middle Eastern pastoralists had formed civilisations and pondered life's ponderables long before the Greeks.   

Egyptian kebabs are similar to koftas or chicken marinated in yoghurt.  TBH I haven't a clue if they crop up in any ancient records but I like the idea that some tomb has an engraving of a man with a kebab and a vessel full of ale rolling out of a tavern in ancient Giza or similar.  

It's a bit shit if these people invented the wonder of the kebab and all they get remembered for is maths, geometry and The Hanging Gardens of Babylon.  I mean, there are priorities!

Ever had a Dutch Kebab... Its an experience....

On 29/06/2022 at 09:16, Speedbird_666 said:

Fuck that. It's a shit site with 200 players let alone 2000+. Don't get the love for it at all.

And I live only 20mins away.

My son loved the event, I found the players a lot better behaved than some sites. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.