Guarder Glock frames

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know fitting a Guarder slide to a TM Glock can be a pain in the arse.

But what if I wanted to keep the TM plastic slide and replace the TM frame with a Guarder one?

Is it as hard to fit Marui internals to a Guarder frame as it is to fit them to a slide? Or is it more of a straight fit? 

5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I know fitting a Guarder slide to a TM Glock can be a pain in the arse.

But what if I wanted to keep the TM plastic slide and replace the TM frame with a Guarder one?

Is it as hard to fit Marui internals to a Guarder frame as it is to fit them to a slide? Or is it more of a straight fit? 

I did it waaay back in 2013 - TM plastic slide with a Guarder Frame. No, it wasn't that hard.

The only issue I had was that when you tightened down the front frame screw, the slide would bind on the rails. Solved it by using a couple of gearbox shims between the front frame screw post and the slide rail.

It worked beautifully thereafter and no filing required. However - YMMV.

4 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

If you are worried about doing a slide which is very simple then I’d not even entertain the lower .

just my 2p.

That bad eh?

I just don't like the idea of filing down a TM bbu to get it into the Guarder slide. I don't mind the plastic TM slide, but I think Marui Glock frames look cheap. Doesn't take them long to get shiny.

I was just wondering if parts also  had to be filed down to fit the Guarder frame. What about the WE frame? Anything would be better than the ABS Marui uses.

I am not generally into filing pot metal down, although I do take a file to outer barrels on WE Glocks to reduce the chances of them snapping and exiting the frame.

Edited by emilianoksa

I ment more the process of taking the lower apart and getting it back into the guarder frame , it’s just a bit fiddly . Filing a tab off a soft bbu is easy (to me ) in comparison . 

if you are slow and methodical with a clean work area and properly fitting tools it’s really very simple , if you are heavy handed , in a rush and trying to use the tip of a butter knife on screws then you will struggle .

Thanks again Jim.

I know it is a bit fiddly, but is it any more fiddly than normal full disassembly and reassembly of the TM Glock?

Is putting the TM parts into a Guarder frame more difficult than putting them back into a TM frame.

14 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks again Jim.

I know it is a bit fiddly, but is it any more fiddly than normal full disassembly and reassembly of the TM Glock?

Is putting the TM parts into a Guarder frame more difficult than putting them back into a TM frame.

not in my experience :)  

Guarder has improved a lot in quality from their earlier productions, but I really would emphasize this 👇

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

However - YMMV.

There's a big "luck of the draw" component when it comes to Guarder. You could get lucky and get perfect fitting parts, but sometimes guarder parts don't even jibe with other guarder parts.

Generally speaking it should be okay, but I've also seen some tolerance issues with guarder glock frames.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.