Will a maple leaf macaron fit into a stock specna edge e05

Cyberwolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm just wandering will a maple leaf macaron rubber fit into stock hop up, I am intended to upgrade the hop to a maxx one later on and à better barrel, just curios would this fit stock inside the specna Edge e05

Thanks 

Screenshot_20220429_074532_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by Cyberwolf

• Cyberwolf changed the title to Will a maple leaf macaron fit into a stock specna edge e05
  • Supporters

Yes, that'll work just fine.  I'd suggest 60 degree rather than 70 (maybe even 50).

When you replace them, could you please have a look at your stock bucking and see if it's flat hopped (no internal mound)?  I reckon mine was but I binned it off into the Pile-O-Parts in favour of a Maple Leaf without even checking so I can't be 100% sure.

The stock Specna rotary hops are decent enough, being effectively the same as the ZCI plastic units.  I honestly can't see the benefit to going to a Maxx hop unless it's a tracer unit.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, that'll work just fine.  I'd suggest 60 degree rather than 70 (maybe even 50).

When you replace them, could you please have a look at your stock bucking and see if it's flat hopped (no internal mound)?  I reckon mine was but I binned it off into the Pile-O-Parts in favour of a Maple Leaf without even checking so I can't be 100% sure.

The stock Specna rotary hops are decent enough, being effectively the same as the ZCI plastic units.  I honestly can't see the benefit to going to a Maxx hop unless it's a tracer unit.

Hey sorry so should I not replace if its flat hopped? Or do you just want to know? 

Edited by Cyberwolf

• Supporters

Just asking out of interest. I ended up with a flat hop bucking and nub in my Bits Box that I think came out of my Edge, but I've never seen it marketed as a feature.

And it's a curious one to have in CURRENT_YEAR since Maple Leaf buckings do the same job without having to press the bucking right through the hop window.  Flat / R / S hops are really more of a Reddit thing now.

I have the 60' in mine and im running at 1.1j running 0.28s and 0.32s ( 350 fps on 0.2s ) 

60' is the right one for that sort of power.

Edited by Groot

I’ve used a 60 degree ML macron in three different hops and they fit first time no problem. The nub is needed and can be slightly fiddly but an essential 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pollynator_bravo2 said:

The nub is needed and can be slightly fiddly but an essential

You'll need to tell that to the guns that I'm using which have Maple Leaf bucking but whatever random nub, or bit of wire or biro tube that I've thrown in there.

The omega nubs work well and can help to lift heavier BBs, but I wouldn't call them essential.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.