Help me IDENTIFY this barrel

Nobody0212

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what kind of barrel is this? I bouth it for my M4, but it has this cut along the beginning of the barrel (should be completely cylindrical and I wonder if that's why the air seal is so bad in my gun) (I'm new on this)

Madbull Airsoft Black Python Ver.2 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (650mm) for PSG1  | eBay

It's supposed to be a Madbull - 6.03mm Black Python Tight Bore Barrel for M4 and other AEGs, but I think I bought the wrong thing.

Anyone familiar with this type of barrel?

The cut is supposed to be there, it is where it joins to the hop unit. As for the the flat part of I would think that in inside is round and on an issue. Maybe aids with the housing of the inner barrel?

5 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

The cut is supposed to be there,

Pardon my english, I lack the vocabulary. The cut is where the nob press to make the bb hop. I understand that.

Is the 1 mm flat plain long side what I don't understand.

1204722039_editedMadbull-6-3.thumb.jpg.c131147e2de467922b7c58bd1eb2918c.jpg

Looking at other barrels and modifications by gunsmiths, the barrels they use are completely cilindrical, without this 1 mm long side cut off 

Madbull Black Python Ver. 2 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (407mm - M4 / SR16) |  RedWolf

2 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

The image you’ve used is from an eBay listing that clearly says it’s a Version2 TB for a TM PSG1 , so I’ll go with that .

Yes but when I bought it, the advert said for AEG and PSG-1

Just now, JimFromHorsham said:

PSG1 is an AEG 🙃

Well, that is silly of me, of course it is.

Now, what begs the question is, why that flat side on the barrel? Do I need a special part to be attached there? Because that is what is causing so many problems in my AEG. WHat is the function of the flat side?

6 minutes ago, Nobody0212 said:

Well, that is silly of me, of course it is.

Now, what begs the question is, why that flat side on the barrel? Do I need a special part to be attached there? Because that is what is causing so many problems in my AEG. WHat is the function of the flat side?

The function of it is to fit to a completely different rifle , so just return the one you have and buy the correct one :)

7 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

so just return the one you have and buy the correct one

Return is not possible, too much time has passed, also I bought it in a trip to Italy, 36 euros

25 minutes ago, Nobody0212 said:

Return is not possible, too much time has passed, also I bought it in a trip to Italy, 36 euros

we’ll all I can say is that the barrel you have is incorrect for the rifle you want to fit it too and will not work properly (as you have found out ) . 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.