Krytac woes

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I played with my Krytac ("best aeg out of the box"🙄)Trident and tbh I'm less than impressed.I fitted a TB with the hope of improving the grouping,it made little to no difference.I then had the alcohol vs hop rubber issue and decided to upgrade the rubber to Maple leaf and Omega nub.I couldn't shift the hop unit because of the hop issue and ended up breaking it.I ordered and fitted a prometheus hop unit.Unimpressed I swapped the TB for the standard barrel and played for the rest of the day.The first bb drops and then I get perhaps 5-10 nice and straight and then a wayward bb.What I noticed with the hop unit is that I had to squeeze the barrel "clip" in with pliers,I've never had to do this before.With the crap shot the gun does sound different.

So-->Std barrel or 6.02 ZCI tightbore.Prometheus hop unit.Omega nub.Maple leaf rubber.Blaster 25 bbs.Any help appreciated..

• Supporters

what grade (colour) of maple leaf did you fit? i'm assuming you went for the macaron?

one area i'd look at is the bb's, maybe grab a bag of geoffs in something heavier (0.28-0.32 g range) see how that performs.

otherwise it'll boil down to installation/assembly, and the fps consistency (this is particularly relevant if the vertical dispersion is bad).

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what grade (colour) of maple leaf did you fit? i'm assuming you went for the macaron?

one area i'd look at is the bb's, maybe grab a bag of geoffs in something heavier (0.28-0.32 g range) see how that performs.

otherwise it'll boil down to installation/assembly, and the fps consistency (this is particularly relevant if the vertical dispersion is bad).

I opted for the white 60' but not the Macron as it was out of stock.I'll find one elsewhere.I strippedI put it back together at home and the barrel clip seemed to seat

better.Thanks.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, snuff said:

I opted for the white 60' but not the Macron as it was out of stock.I'll find one elsewhere.I strippedI put it back together at home and the barrel clip seemed to seat

better.Thanks.

not heard of them doing a white bucking? unless you mean tan which is normally 60 degree?

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not heard of them doing a white bucking? unless you mean tan which is normally 60 degree?

Yes yellowy~ish 60 degree.

It's definitely not the best "out of the box" AEG. Out of all the many RIF's I've owned, that title belongs to the Modify XTC-G1-MS Aster. My Krytac was fine, though like you I noticed little to no difference with a prommy barrel fitted. I'm also a big proponent for keeping the stock hop unit when it's a rotary design. Although understand your pain with the Krytac, as losing a small pin can render it useless or at least you having to bodge an alternative. My advice would be not to throw good money after bad, stick to the stock inner barrel as you already have it.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, snuff said:

Yes yellowy~ish 60 degree.

that should be ok then, it's not too hard a compound.

sounds like it's ammo, assembly, or air seal.

air seal is easy enough to check on a chrono- just see what range of values you get over a few shots. could be that especially with an aftermarket hop unit that it's not seating properly and you're getting losses at the hop even if the gearbox is delivering the air just fine.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that should be ok then, it's not too hard a compound.

I've ordered the Macaron version now.I did suspect ammo,mags,etc but they work ok in another new Krytac.I will sort it in the end.

2 minutes ago, snuff said:

I've ordered the Macaron version now.I did suspect ammo,mags,etc but they work ok in another new Krytac.I will sort it in the end.

We will sort it in the end.😁

Update:I fitted the Maple leaf macron 60* and when chronoed with the hop on I got a low but consistent 264-274 on .25's.So it looks like I'm losing power somewhere,it was around 310fps 3 or 4 outings ago,the spring wouldn't lose that much that quick would it?

• 3 weeks later...

Update.The issues still remain,the tech has checked it out,good airseal,etc.The only option left is to look at the mags.Could they cause the issue I'm getting?A few good shots then one "tumbling" out of the barrel,I even had 2 bb's in a row reach 6-10 ft.The tech can't replicate the issue using other mags.Are Krytac mag picky?Thanks.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.