HPA Question

Guest KiloGr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest KiloGr

Hi peeps, hope you are all well!

Building my first HPA soon, just wanted to check a few things,

Do i need anything else other than:

Engine (p* jack)

Lipo (7.4 for power)

tank

line

reg

gun for drop in

Is there anything else i need here?

• Supporters

what kind of play do you normally do?

if you're predominantly cqb focused and just want the trigger response then that's fine.

if you're playing outdoors and want a range focus then i might suggest the jack isn't the engine for you, it's an open bolt design with fundamental barriers to getting really good consistency.

Guest KiloGr
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what kind of play do you normally do?

if you're predominantly cqb focused and just want the trigger response then that's fine.

if you're playing outdoors and want a range focus then i might suggest the jack isn't the engine for you, it's an open bolt design with fundamental barriers to getting really good consistency.

I play outdoors, however none of it is super long range.  My site has CQB areas and most of the outdoor combat is close - mid range.  I was looking for something a bit more reliable than my AEG, faster fire rate as i do like to run around and blitz about a lot.

• Supporters

fair enough, a jack can be about equivalent to a decent-ish aeg when setup properly, but the laser beam of a dialled in f2/fusion it is not.

it will however have better semi response than any aeg and rate of fire can easily go above what would generally be considered to be acceptable.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, KiloGr said:

I can afford the F2 too, do you recommend i get the F2 instead?

i'd certainly say it's the more future proof platform, able to go into a wider range of donor guns (should you ever fancy doing that for the change) and whilst there's a lot more to the tuning to get it dialled in, it's at least able to get great consistency when you get it set (read: about as good as it's possible to get)

it'll have the same response as the jack (on a technical, if not necessarily practical standpoint the response is marginally quicker in closed bolt operation not that you can even notice, they're both mouse-clicks), it won't quite be able to do the a-10 levels of brrt as the jack, but it'll still run plenty fast enough.

if cost isn't too big a deal then that'd be my pick, if cost is a factor then there are the likes of the wolverine systems, although i'm not so familiar with their limitations in terms of precision.

Guest KiloGr
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd certainly say it's the more future proof platform, able to go into a wider range of donor guns (should you ever fancy doing that for the change) and whilst there's a lot more to the tuning to get it dialled in, it's at least able to get great consistency when you get it set (read: about as good as it's possible to get)

it'll have the same response as the jack (on a technical, if not necessarily practical standpoint the response is marginally quicker in closed bolt operation not that you can even notice, they're both mouse-clicks), it won't quite be able to do the a-10 levels of brrt as the jack, but it'll still run plenty fast enough.

if cost isn't too big a deal then that'd be my pick, if cost is a factor then there are the likes of the wolverine systems, although i'm not so familiar with their limitations in terms of precision.

Thank you so much for the info

Im not 1000% sure on the donor RIF yet, but will take all your info into consideration.  

As it is my first HPA build, at about a £100 difference i will likely go with the Jack as my first, as im planning to make a couple of HPA builds for different applications.  Once i get a bit more experienced with the tuning, ill most likely get the F2 for my second build.  I think the Jack will do everything i need it to and is a bit simpler for my first build.

Thanks again for the info, much much appreciated.

Jack is a great choice for an all rounder build. Yes the F2 will be a bit better for consistency with closed bolt. Also to take into account is efficiency, my jack this last weekend rinsed off a 3000 filled 48Ci down to 900 after putting 5 EPM1's through it using 3rnd burst for every trgger pull set at only 80psi on the output reg. They are quite hungry but even more so when going full on brrrrt.

Fine if you have means to fill between each game though.

Guest KiloGr
1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Jack is a great choice for an all rounder build. Yes the F2 will be a bit better for consistency with closed bolt. Also to take into account is efficiency, my jack this last weekend rinsed off a 3000 filled 48Ci down to 900 after putting 5 EPM1's through it using 3rnd burst for every trgger pull set at only 80psi on the output reg. They are quite hungry but even more so when going full on brrrrt.

Fine if you have means to fill between each game though.

Luckily my site allows refills after each game, can come back to safe zone during the games to refill if need be!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.