Optic/riser issue

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, yet another cry for help! šŸ˜„

Ā 

Iā€™ve just got an holo/magnifier set up and they donā€™t quite line up.

4C4299FB-43AB-4EFD-A211-10A0BFACD2B5.thumb.jpeg.6b615088f113b174915a5755f69687e4.jpeg

Ā 

I canĀ still get a sight picture but the reticule is very low, playingĀ about I need to raise the holo about 5-6mm and am struggling to find a way.

Ā 

Iā€™ve seen these which would be great if they werenā€™t reducers and wereĀ 20mm both sides.

Ā 

7667D519-5891-4BAE-9E24-5AE452858354.thumb.png.0f9fe886c7683e04b191ae20f4dc6d00.png

Ā 

Iā€™ve searched pretty much the whole tā€™interweb and canā€™t find anything less than 10mm and hoping someone here might know what I need to get just that little bit of extra height.

Ā 

cheers, Col

Ā 

I haven't seen any riser that are 5mm lift but I have found risers with a difference of 5mm ish. It my be cas eof lifting then both to greater or lesser degree.

Ant suppliees was where I saw the riser and utg do a range too, some very minimalist riser sections.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Hamster82 said:

Hi all, yet another cry for help! šŸ˜„

Ā 

Iā€™ve just got an holo/magnifier set up and they donā€™t quite line up.

4C4299FB-43AB-4EFD-A211-10A0BFACD2B5.thumb.jpeg.6b615088f113b174915a5755f69687e4.jpeg

Ā 

I canĀ still get a sight picture but the reticule is very low, playingĀ about I need to raise the holo about 5-6mm and am struggling to find a way.

Ā 

Iā€™ve seen these which would be great if they werenā€™t reducers and wereĀ 20mm both sides.

Ā 

7667D519-5891-4BAE-9E24-5AE452858354.thumb.png.0f9fe886c7683e04b191ae20f4dc6d00.png

Ā 

Iā€™ve searched pretty much the whole tā€™interweb and canā€™t find anything less than 10mm and hoping someone here might know what I need to get just that little bit of extra height.

Ā 

cheers, Col

Ā 

Ā 

Not sure if it's a trick of the lens but it doesn't look like the magnifier is parallel with the rail - the front looks higher than the back. Which to be fair is pretty typical of that kind of mount.

50 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Iā€™ve not used a 5mm riser myself, but this looks like it will work

Ā 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QQCBYM62Q/1-4-quot-high-7-slots-hybrid-picatinny-weaver-riser

I saw this but Ā£22 for a plastic riser with no real detail on how it fits/is secured kind of put me off

48 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Ā 

Not sure if it's a trick of the lens but it doesn't look like the magnifier is parallel with the rail - the front looks higher than the back. Which to be fair is pretty typical of that kind of mount.

Your not wrong, thereā€™s a fair bit of movement in the mount as itā€™s a cheapy clone and depends on how Iā€™m holding it or if itā€™s resting on something like the rif bag in the photo.

Ā 

itā€™s not actually a bad magnifier despite that andĀ I reckon if I could raise the holo even a few mm it would make a difference, just struggling to find a way.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.