G&G cm18 rail removal

BHH

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I recently decided i want to finally do a rail swap on my cm18 but can’t remove the delta ring. G&g used to make a tool for the job but that has since been discontinued and is impossible to find. Does anyone know a way to remove this without the tool, or someone willing to sell the tool for a fair price?

For reference I have attached a picture of what i’m trying to remove

8DD97677-D8EF-4522-9E6B-71A93B1AFF1C.jpeg

image.jpg

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

You could buy some ali tube in the correct diameter and cut the notches into it with a hacksaw to DIY a tool if you want a non-damaging/marring method of removal.

Apparently, according to this thread, you can wedge a couple of allen keys in there and bodge it out though if you are not too bothered about the condition that the nut comes out.

I have designed and 3d printed tools for other proprietary G&G barrel nuts in the past, they are not massively torqued-down by the factory so the plastic is strong enough.

image.png.16fedc418b419fa30eda39a7a99ae090.png

Indeed, there is a file on thingiverse (not my design) if you or a mate has a 3D printer.

Happy to print you a couple for a few quid (to cover postage) if you get stuck.

Front element removal tool for optics and camera lenses.

Should have the reach and fit for the delta ring, and as an added bonus it'll let you drop the front elements out of your optics so you can make some polcarb inserts to sit over the front element.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional-Spanner-Opening-Repairing-Maintanance-default/dp/B07VDY49B1/ref=psdc_1330755031_t4_B08CZ9B5WL

There's also a straight version if you think the curved one might cause issues.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer®-Professional-Pointed-Spanner-Repairing/dp/B00J5F6O92/ref=pd_sbs_5/261-4196459-1089624?pd_rd_w=2fzHv&pf_rd_p=c896f142-67ed-468d-b7d2-62dc03d28077&pf_rd_r=75A89WQ7FCKC8Q180XQ3&pd_rd_r=f08a3ced-2cf1-44f8-b12c-3b5e1ef69dd6&pd_rd_wg=oViql&pd_rd_i=B00J5F6O92&psc=1

Edited by Iceni

Good call on that bud. Just what I need. Thanks 👍 

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.