Anyone done a Battle Sim at Anzio?

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I've had good and bad experiences at Anzio but the sites just too awesome to not give it another try.

The next time I can pew there is on a Battle Sim day, has anyone taken part in one? I know the rough idea of no scheduled breaks and a main objective for the day and I'm aware it's not as serious at a Mil-Sim.

Will probably run my sniper for a bit of long range fun then my Hi-Capa with primary adapter for indoor encounters!

Cheers

Hey dude,

Semi-related.

I see you're based north east midlands (ish). 

I've been to Campa Sparta a few times recently had great fun. They operate as standard close to Battlesim, only breaking for lunch. If you haven't been I would check it out.

1 hour ago, Just Joe said:

Hey dude,

Semi-related.

I see you're based north east midlands (ish). 

I've been to Campa Sparta a few times recently had great fun. They operate as standard close to Battlesim, only breaking for lunch. If you haven't been I would check it out.

It's on the ever expanding list of places to try out dude!!

Check out the previous reviews of the place - then score it off your list

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

It's worth noting Camp Sparta is a site just as much as a company - they regularly rent the place out to Milsim/Battlesim providers like Gangsta City, Defiant, Stirling, and so on. The Site itself is great fun.

49 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Check out the previous reviews of the place - then score it off your list

I had read this myself before going. In the view of being open minded and all the jazz.

Can honestly say I didn't experience the issues they did. I've had several amazing days there. 

Sure, there may of been a minor incident here or there but nothing I've ever looked back at and thought it ruined my time.

EDIT: Sorry thinking about it; smoke inside is stupid. I remember the first time it happened to be and being totally unware. They may of covered it within the safety brief.

Still think its great place.

1 hour ago, leadly said:

It's on the ever expanding list of places to try out dude!!

Worth a go! Lots of people have come out saying bad things about it but I enjoy it.

I'm at phoenix saturday if you're visiting?

Edited by Just Joe

I've done the battle sim days at anzio.

The jist of the day is that once the brief safety brief is done then the scenario which the objectives are based around is given and then objectives through out the day are posted via a teams HQ, although it's not always the respawn points as these are often located elsewhere, and as such can be used as objectives/taken and held etc.

In terms of the day. Once it starts it doesn't stop for breaks or lunch, so it's up to you to eat/drink in the game area or return to the safe zone. I've found it a better day when teams have taken breaks in the field and have a drink/take break within the game area, so are never out of play but obviously that's down to the players on the day.

I've played those days as both dmr and aggressive bolt action support (snipe but not Bush wookie) as well as assault/cqb and it works well either way for me bt I would say to wear a watch or have the ability to know the time with you. Objectives are often time based, eg your have x time until x happens or to capture a point. Which I felt was a great idea to stop things getting too stick if one team players decide to take an hour off for lunch.

15 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I've done the battle sim days at anzio.

The jist of the day is that once the brief safety brief is done then the scenario which the objectives are based around is given and then objectives through out the day are posted via a teams HQ, although it's not always the respawn points as these are often located elsewhere, and as such can be used as objectives/taken and held etc.

In terms of the day. Once it starts it doesn't stop for breaks or lunch, so it's up to you to eat/drink in the game area or return to the safe zone. I've found it a better day when teams have taken breaks in the field and have a drink/take break within the game area, so are never out of play but obviously that's down to the players on the day.

I've played those days as both dmr and aggressive bolt action support (snipe but not Bush wookie) as well as assault/cqb and it works well either way for me bt I would say to wear a watch or have the ability to know the time with you. Objectives are often time based, eg your have x time until x happens or to capture a point. Which I felt was a great idea to stop things getting too stick if one team players decide to take an hour off for lunch.

Sounds like a decent day then! I may end up stuffing my ghillie jacket into my back pack incase I need to be a deployable tactical bush man!

16 hours ago, Just Joe said:

I had read this myself before going. In the view of being open minded and all the jazz.

Can honestly say I didn't experience the issues they did. I've had several amazing days there. 

Sure, there may of been a minor incident here or there but nothing I've ever looked back at and thought it ruined my time.

EDIT: Sorry thinking about it; smoke inside is stupid. I remember the first time it happened to be and being totally unware. They may of covered it within the safety brief.

Still think its great place.

Worth a go! Lots of people have come out saying bad things about it but I enjoy it.

I'm at phoenix saturday if you're visiting?

Unfortunately I'm at work this weekend, damn shifts! I'm due another Phoenix day soon though!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.