How do I prevent or mitigate gearbox cracking in the future?

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

29 minutes ago, Lozart said:

So all the bits that make it go faster than it should then?

This is entirely my point and it's a general one not aimed specifically at you - if someone had said "I want to put 13:1 gears and a mosfet in my Specna Edge so I can make it go BRRRTTT is this a good idea" then we could have all said "no" or "well you can but don't be surprised if it breaks" and saved a great deal of cost and heartache. It's the same as the endless "just bought this is it any good?" posts.

Like I say though, best of luck. My personal advice would be get it going with the replacement box you got on here and the standard gears and keep it as a backup gun. Then go buy a better one to fuck about with.

Cheers buddy, I think my plan is to gwt this up and running and then grab a new gun ASAP and as you said keep this spare. 

Wish I had found this forum before I got my gun as you guys have been brilliant and it would have saved me a lot of hassle, money and stress

Edited by steverebo

• Supporters
18 hours ago, steverebo said:

Cheers buddy, I think my plan is to gwt this up and running and then grab a new gun ASAP and as you said keep this spare. 

Wish I had found this forum before I got my gun as you guys have been brilliant and it would have saved me a lot of hassle, money and stress

Solid plan.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.