Beretta XM9

THE CHIEF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello chaps. Quick question... 

I'm looking at converting an M9 to an xm9 now the suppressor is available. But being an airsoft gun I assume it works a bit differently. What would happen if the slide on a TM M9 gas blow back was forced not to cycle when firing? Would it blow up? Would the fps suddenly jump to unacceptable levels? Or would it just vent the mag? 

Before I start fabricating the slide lock it seems that would be something worth knowing... 

• Supporters

as a general rule, gbb's will just vent if they're unable to cycle far enough back to trip the cutoff, so sadly i don't think this is going to work in a slide-locked mode as the first shot it'll just empty the mag of gas (which may or may not have a significant impact on the fps)

Yep, agree with Hamster

If the slide can't move then the vent halve won't be reset and all the gas will likely vent continuously until empty.

And good point Bert, it won't be able to load another BB anyway.

Edited by EDcase

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t know the platform, if the slide doesn’t slide, how will you load the next bb?

Thats the point of the real one. The slide doesn't move so you get a quiet shot. However you need to manually chamber the next round. The mk23 can do this too I believe. It's quite an interesting gun, check out the video on forgotten weapons :)

Damn, I was afraid of that. Oh well... A look alike it is :)

Thanks for the help. 

Edited by THE CHIEF

Ah, I see. Also like the MK22 Hush Puppy based on the S&W Model39

Yeah, unfortunately its unlikely to work with airsoft.

You could go for the MK23 non blowback.  That's as quiet as you can get

Edited by EDcase

1 minute ago, THE CHIEF said:

The socom is a good pistol, I just always liked the beretta. I'd love a Mk22! Even as a high quality springer. 

Fit the Mk23 Internals into the Beretta

29 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Fit the Mk23 Internals into the Beretta

That's a nice thought, but I wanted to be able to switch between the two. I have a socom, ics makarov and variety of sneaky guns. 

Just to kick in pedantic mode the slide lock feature was taken off the production MK23 as they thought it was a waste of time. HFC make NBB m9 maybe a better shout than trying to shoehorn in mk23 internals into another frame. But with out a major redesign and manufacturering a GBB cannot be switch from GBB to NBB single shot. All the real steel achive it by mechanically locking the slide with out blocking off the blowback gas flow you would detonate your gun in short order.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.