Battery fit issues - TR16

Hamster82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have what I expect is a pretty noob question about battery installation.

I recently picked up a G&G TR16 and had some trouble with getting the Titans that came with it to fit.

Got some advice and ordered a set of lipo nunchuks which are smaller and are a better fit but even with the stock fully extended the connectors stick out a fair way and need a lot of bending and manipulation to fit back in enough to close the stock cover.

My question is how rough is too rough when getting all the wiring and connectors back into the stock?

The fuse and mofset wiring is pretty rigid and I don’t want to damage anything or am I just being over cautious?

TIA, Hamster

Edited by Hamster82

• Hamster82 changed the title to Battery fit issues - TR16

Which lipo are you trying to fit and which tr16 model stock is it?

With out seeing it and assuming a crane type stock, I'd suggest making any excess for the rifs harness is kept to in the tube space and then drop the battery lead down and up the rear ff the stock pad, towards the tube. You should be able to make a gentle curve of the wiring so you don't kink it.

It’s the MBR 556wh with standard stock and a 3 stick lipo.
I didn’t think to take any pics when I had the battery compartment open but can take some later when I get back from work - I did have these on my phone though.

The wiring from the rif is pretty rigid/straight so the connector sits slightly proud of the cover when open and even word when connected to the battery.

Am I right your saying get the stock off and manipulate the wiring to a curve before putting back on to effectively shorten it?

AD60B0FF-E64E-4F4A-ABF5-CB87259F613C.jpeg

411D7873-7F81-4448-A2BC-476F7BC27E94.jpeg

I know the stock, i have one too.

With that stock it can be tricky as the rubber pad effectively steals some space. 

To make life easier long term id suggest removing the stock and unplug the mosfet, then unscrew the buffer tube (long screw driver needed inside the tube, castle nut is fake) then unplug the spade connectors freeing the mosfet and wires.

Once you have the mosfet out of the tube wrap the wiring around your finger a few times a, ease the wiring into a spiral. It'll use up the slack and not put any kinks in it. You'll also be able to get the mosfet connector back through it and the screw too when it comes to refitting.

lipo wise, if you can't two cells down one side then 1 cell will have to go in the centre tube. But the new spring type shape in the wiring should mean it'll squash down a bit easier.

sorry for the long post, a know a video might be easier but it's all I can offer at the moment.

if all else fails have a look at the pts eps,

Managed to get the Mrs to send me a pic, it feels like fuse and connector are too close to the stock opening.

Once I get the batteries seated and connect the tamiya there is a bunch of rigid wiring still out of the stock along with the connector.

It’s a massive squeeze to try and get everything in which is where my concern on damaging the connections is coming from.

Will see if I have a long enough screwdriver tonight to get the buffer tube off but is this set up normal for the rif? 

BF4D3FF2-BE1F-44BF-9FC4-2B0BCF7AC683.jpeg

It's iis fairly normal I'm afraid, they need to have enough wire for the stock to be fully extended, but that means the stock you have it the harder it is to get everything in.

I have the 308 MBR same stock I think. The buffer tube has slits down each side and I manipulated the MOSFET to sit into the slit and down one side of the stock. That way you have one side and center free for batteries. I have used both a single 1300 stick and a 1500 3 nuncuck all have fitted. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.