Metal CYMA Ak Magazine (mid cap) not fitting properly in LCT M70 Ak.

owensey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there, so I recently bought a whole bunch of metal mid-cap CYMA ak magazines (from Gunfire) to use with my LCT M70. They finally arrived, only for me to try and put them in the gun and not fit. The first time I tried I managed to get it out, but the second time it got completely jammed in and I had to force it out (breaking a bit of the magazine, but have already glued it back together). 

This struck me as strange as I had read both on this site and others that CYMA magazines were amongst the best to get for ak-style guns. It seems there are some slight differences between the LCT magazine that came with the gun, and the CYMA ones, which again is odd as my mate's Galil magazine even fits better.

I'm wondering if this is a case of trying to get a refund from Gunfire (which I'd rather not after forking out £40 for the customs clearance), or if there's a way I can make them fit.

Cheers folks.

some comparison photos would be helpfull so we can see what the actual differences are.

My CYMA AK mags dont fit a friends LCT.  The thin lip on the LCT mags are prone to chipping. 

I believe that you can file to fit IIRC, but if you try it, use sandpaper rather than a file as a smidgen too much and they will be loose as hell.  The CYMA mags leave the factory a trifle too thick for CYMAs sometimes.  Couple of strokes of an emery board is sometimes required.  

If the spring in CYMA AKs mag release was a bit stronger, I wouldn't know as much about borrowing/fitting/bodging mags to fit tbh...  

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.