G&G GC16 Warthog Questions

Duzum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

I've been trolling the depth on the interweb for reviews, advice and information on the  G&G GC16 Warthog, and i have decided to ask the hive mind here some questions so here goes and thank you in advance.

1. Is there any difference apart from actual size, aesthetics and cost between the 7" barrel and the 9" barrels.

2. In multiple articles I have read that 2 parts should be swapped out/upgraded, the Hop Up Unit and the piston to a full metal one. Would you recommend this or use the rifle as is to start with.

You could always go to the manufacturers website and view the manual which gives an exploded / strip diagram of the various Warthogs (or the exploded view which is the direct page).  Page 14 of the manual, bottom right shows the 9" and 7" differences for the foregrip unit / barrel.  Having never had a G&G before, I couldn't tell you if there are any gearbox variations between length variations.

https://www.guay2.com/en/product/detail-96

Probably best to keep it untouched for at least one day out - that's the best chance you will get to find any problems that need fixing, especially if you have any sorta warranty to fall back on.  Sometimes it's good to learn the faults before you fix them, at least then you'll know what difference any extra purchases do for you.  Just be sure to take a backup!

Edited by infyrana

• Supporters
On 15/10/2021 at 20:19, Duzum said:

Hi All

I've been trolling the depth on the interweb for reviews, advice and information on the  G&G GC16 Warthog, and i have decided to ask the hive mind here some questions so here goes and thank you in advance.

1. Is there any difference apart from actual size, aesthetics and cost between the 7" barrel and the 9" barrels.

2. In multiple articles I have read that 2 parts should be swapped out/upgraded, the Hop Up Unit and the piston to a full metal one. Would you recommend this or use the rifle as is to start with.

The only difference is the extra 2".

Leave it alone, use it and work out what isn't performing then fix that. Just because someone else has decided to swap out a perfectly good hop unit or piston doesn't mean that YOU have to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.