SR25 into DMR

Flatteraxe372

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys, I have an A&K SR25 that I’d like to turn into a DMR. This is what I’d like to achieve:
400-410 fps
Quiet as possible
Good range
I’ve been a player for a while but I’m a complete beginner when it comes to upgrades etc. Anyone done this before and know what I would need?
Thanks for any help.

• Supporters

one question that might be relevant here is what sort of budget are you thinking?

taking silence as a key priority the logical path to consider is HPA, as that's going to get the minimum possible noise when setup right. it'll also deliver the goods when it comes to precision at least once you've got the hang of programming and have a decent ammo/hop/barrel combo.

of course that comes at a cost, both literally in terms of money (although you can spend just as much on an aeg if you're trying) and figuratively in terms of either a reduced shot count for an onboard reservoir or being tethered via an airline (personally i don't think the airline is that bad but some people hate them). you might also be limited by access to compressors.

Its as simple as changing the main spring and mechanically (adding a screw somewhere works well) locking the selector to safe/semi will get you the muzzle energy you need. 

If I had to have a sowing machine as a DMR I would want some sort of electronic board to control the position of the piston and take the strain off the electrical components, get a good quality bore inner barrel, hop unit and rubber.

But you should HPA it :P, a wolverine closed bolt reaper engine would be the way I would do it. 

as others have said hpa would be your best bet but currently running a sr25 myself with following upgrades

high torque motor

gate titan advance for all the funky electronic wizardry pre cocking,dmr delay etc

19-1 shs gears

shs piston

promethious innerbarrel

s-hop

pewing around 410fps the range abd accuracy is quite surprising but tbh a decent tightbore barrel high torque motor spring and a mosfet would be my port of call if i was to do another one,as for mosfets id recomend the perun v2hybrid over the titan as its half the price near enough same features just has to be set up by trigger and selector

20210813_164916.jpg

Edited by Misery

I run the following for my CYMA SR25.

Advanced Gate Titan - Can do great setups.

6.02mm TN Barrel

R Hop

Having a quick spring change system is great to have.

I will get try it out properly this weekend, cannot wait.

yeah the cyma has the quick change system and the titan goes inside the gearbox bud

4 hours ago, Flatteraxe372 said:

Thanks for the help guys. Does the CYMA already come with the quick change spring ,echanism or is that something I can do? I'm a bit clueless as you can tell. Also where does the Advanced Gate Titan fit into the gun?

The CYMA CM.098 (SR25) already comes with the quick change spring system.  I removed the electronic system and installed an Advance Gate Titan.  My advice starting out with this would be not to change anything, the standard electronics still provide a very crisp trigger response. I replaced mine as I own another AEG which has a Advanced Gate Titan installed (TM SCAR H) and I like to mess about with settings!  I did have to use a dremel to remove part of the lower gearbox for the electronics to safety fit. 

Checkout on YouTube as there are plenty of videos that go though how this all work.

71F47F07-5CC3-4274-A759-BB1D42D22347.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.