Good durable metal 1911 replica mainly for dry-firing without gas?

JamesC01

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to buy a durable 1911a1 replica that's metal and durable. I've been looking at the WE 1911, which apparently has easily replaceable parts, which is a positive, and it seems really nice, but I've heard bad stuff about them, mainly about the older ones. I won't be using it for shooting, at least for now, but may in the future. Mag gas capacity/temperature doesn't bother me. I've seen people mention the KJW 1911, but it doesn't seem as abundant in UK online shops. I've also been recommended the cybergun 1911. Anyone have any opinions on these pistols?

Edited by JamesC01

For that purpose I'd just go for the Army Armament. They're probably the cheapest of the bunch and it's not like they're terrible.

A mate of mine has the Cybergun CO2 version and he's been very pleased with it. It looks and feels the part, and if you do decide to shoot it, they seem to shoot quite well too. 

I second the Cybergun 1911, it’s got a nice feel and weight to it 

• 2 weeks later...

For what you want just get the cheapest one you like the look of they will all be fine.

If you are ever actually planning on shooting it in a meaningful way then this is the one case where I really would suggest there are no solid alternatives to the later Marui's such as the M41A1 or the MEU. Its not that the other makes are bad designs (in fact the later WE's with the 14mm blowback unit are quite nice), but the single single stack mags don't hold much gas compared to a double stack mag so if you want it to reliably lock back at the end of every mag even on colder days then the Marui's lighter slide makes all the difference.

Obviously if you want to go full milsim and only load a realistic 7-9 rounds in the magazine then most of them will manage fine. Personally i'd avoid Co2 unless you are going to shoot it regularly and maintain it. For some reason that escapes me Co2 mags have a habit of starting to leak if they are not used for long periods. Green gas mags do require some tlc but generally its ab occasional squirt of silicone oil and keeping a tiny squirt of maintenance gas in the Mag.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.