Missfeding 3rnd burst

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone it's only me again. Having issues with my scarab and feeding on 3rnd burst/full auto. In semi the gun feeds perfectly even with rapid trigger pulls but in 3rnd burst it's almost as if bbs are smashing against each other in the barrel and coming out broken. Is this tappet, nozzle or tappet return spring problem, I have tried 4 different hops with different rubbers and still the same. I find if I wind the mag to the max I will get about 5 3rnd bursts before this happens. I've also tried many different mags (high and mids)

Edited by Pewpewpetie

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

What's your rate of fire? If it's fine in semi It sounds like your mags just can't feed fast enough.

It's around 24rps. I guess I'll have to stick to semi spamming hahahha

1 hour ago, Pewpewpetie said:

It's around 24rps. I guess I'll have to stick to semi spamming hahahha

That's not that fast but still most likely.

48 minutes ago, BigStew said:

That's not that fast but still most likely.

Makes sense, if there isn't enough pressure in mag then bbs won't push up hard enough causing one to shoot into another. Is there a stronger rated spring or mag available 

If you do a 3rd burst fail, then wiggle the mag and listen carefully can you hear the BBs move up?

Sometimes the mag isn’t aligned right and so BBs don’t flow too well, otherwise you may want to change your mag springs for stronger ones, or just get different mags.

You can check the bucking is not an issue, if you pop a single BB in it should sit in the lips of the bucking, and a very small nudge should make it fall through the lips, if it takes lots of effort that is not good.

The other potential is that at 24rps or whatever your firing at, the nozzle may not be staying ‘back’ long enough for a BB to get in front of it, this is normally resolved by a tappet delay chip.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

If you do a 3rd burst fail, then wiggle the mag and listen carefully can you hear the BBs move up?

Sometimes the mag isn’t aligned right and so BBs don’t flow too well, otherwise you may want to change your mag springs for stronger ones, or just get different mags.

You can check the bucking is not an issue, if you pop a single BB in it should sit in the lips of the bucking, and a very small nudge should make it fall through the lips, if it takes lots of effort that is not good.

The other potential is that at 24rps or whatever your firing at, the nozzle may not be staying ‘back’ long enough for a BB to get in front of it, this is normally resolved by a tappet delay chip.

I will try a prommy purple and a couple more mags, if not I'll put in a selector delay I have laying around.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.