Best GBB realistic metal pistol to use stock

TMPI

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 08/08/2021 at 13:52, Tackle said:

Thanks, always my intention 😜

& Welcome to the forum, & yep I am a TM hi-capa fanboi, but I do own other brand pistols, what I would say is if your in to Airsoft "for the long haul" so to speak, decide what style of pistol you like, then see if TM make one, if they do, BUY IT, you'll never regret it, & no matter what catches your eye in the future that you blow your wad on, you'll do so safe in the knowledge that if all else fails, you can go back to your trusty TM, who'll always have your back👍

cheers, good advice for life in general, get something reliable as a workhorse then buy other shit to fuck around with. obvs not applicable to women though 😛

On 08/08/2021 at 15:34, Adolf Hamster said:

green gas is the order of the day then. just keep the mags gassed, odd dash of silicone and jobs a goodun

it won't work as well in colder weather (guns with metal slides like WE will suffer before guns with lighter slides/better qc like tm) but as a holster filler just fine.

Thanks, will look for something green gas then, current'ly have my eye on the M9 which is green gas so that works out well.

On 08/08/2021 at 16:01, Mr. No_Face said:

1.1 scale M9's have really chunky pistol grips. That's something you might want to consider before buying one. Might be super uncomfortable when it comes to holding it with gloves on. I've always used my KWA PTP tactical until it started acting up. It's a nice full metal pistol with some good weight to it. Also takes Green or Red Gas.

GLOVES.jpg.6ee4cf917e3518e0792417181dfd08bc.jpg

Also if you familiar with airsoft youtube channels it's the side arm Dutch the hooligan uses.

Thanks man that very helpful, i use medium sized mechanix gloves, so i the pistol grip size might be an issue. I'll wasn't going to but i'll now def try see if i can handle one IRL before buying.

On 08/08/2021 at 16:13, BigStew said:

there are two versions of the M9 one has a fixed-ish hop and one has adjustable hop you want the adjustable hop. the WEs are copies-ish of the TMs. performance wise the TM are superior but have plastic slides. 

oh yeah adjustable hop up sound important, will def look for that version. Not decided on TM v WE atm, everyone is saying TM is the better gun but I got the idea of a full metal pistol stuck in my head. will try handle different versions and see if i care after that

On 09/08/2021 at 08:25, Panama said:

Can I suggest you have a think about what else you may want to run with the pistol, such as torches, holsters etc etc?

I have the ASG CZ P-09 and whilst I love the pistol itself, finding other stuff is a nightmare and the base plates on the mags are like glass and almost impossible to find replacements unless you print them yourself.

I run c02 mags and whilst there has been no issues skirmishing it for over a year, yesterday it ran hot yesterday and I couldn't use it all.

didn't think about this, thanks for posting bro, i was looking at the ASG CZ P-09 too, my friend has one and its a v nice gun. Think he runs it stock though, no attachments, i'll ask him if this is why!

I think attachments wise, will want only a holster and maybe one day a torch, but probably be a blue moon type thing, mainly play outdoor skirmish. will keep in mind.

13 hours ago, Mad-Al said:

I have no personal experience with one but from negative airsofts review of the it seems like the VFC HK45 CT may be exactly what you're after.

Otherwise if you can find one then the KWA G19 is an amazing piece of kit and generally extremely cheap second hand,  i do have the KWA and stock it is decent but not amazing however there is a hop upgrade available for it that makes it significantly better at not much extra cost its called the maple leaf evo 3 and it makes a huge difference.

not sure i like the look of that gun tbh, but thanks for posting the option. nice to see there are a fair few more options then i expected

My thoughts (and I have plenty of these guns to hand for first hand experience). If you are relatively new to skirmishing and that is going to be the main use for the pistol (as a secondary) then I always recommend the WE Glock 17 or 19x At £99 a pop from plenty of places you can get 2 for the price of a Marui with a spare mag and it is a decent performer with a metal slide and decent kick. You will get a spare mag, and if you drop it in the mud (and at some point you will) you can just swap to the other one rather than trying to clean off the mud in the safe zone (which never works properly). Cycling a pistol with dirt in the slide will shorten the life of the pistol.

In terms of best performance out of the box the Marui FNX and Marui HK45 are head and shoulders above the rest. The FNX is slightly better due to bigger mags (more gas and BBs), but I prefer the HK ergonomics. The VFC licensed FNX is more realistic and satisfying to use (metal slide and better double action trigger), but performs no where near as well and mags are hard to find and stupid expensive.

The Umarex HK45CT is a decent performer and is nice to use, but in reality shoots no better than the WE Glock for twice the money and is hard to find mags for (ordered mine from the US).

2C88EFF8-AB56-446B-80C9-BB72CFEA2143.jpeg

Edited by Cyberlawyer
Added photos of the guns I referenced to prove I own them and am not just a keyboard warrior.

17 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

My thoughts (and I have plenty of these guns to hand for first hand experience). If you are relatively new to skirmishing and that is going to be the main use for the pistol (as a secondary) then I always recommend the WE Glock 17 or 19x At £99 a pop from plenty of places you can get 2 for the price of a Marui with a spare mag and it is a decent performer with a metal slide and decent kick. You will get a spare mag, and if you drop it in the mud (and at some point you will) you can just swap to the other one rather than trying to clean off the mud in the safe zone (which never works properly). Cycling a pistol with dirt in the slide will shorten the life of the pistol.

In terms of best performance out of the box the Marui FNX and Marui HK45 are head and shoulders above the rest. The FNX is slightly better due to bigger mags (more gas and BBs), but I prefer the HK ergonomics. The VFC licensed FNX is more realistic and satisfying to use (metal slide and better double action trigger), but performs no where near as well and mags are hard to find and stupid expensive.

The Umarex HK45CT is a decent performer and is nice to use, but in reality shoots no better than the WE Glock for twice the money and is hard to find mags for (ordered mine from the US).

2C88EFF8-AB56-446B-80C9-BB72CFEA2143.jpeg

Thanks for your thoughts, always nice to hear from someone who owns or has owned multiple guns.

What do you think about the WE M9A1 gen 2? I found it for £109 so 10 more then the glock you recommend, i do really like the look of it over th eglock but will it perform as well as the WE glock would?

A fair few others have recommended the Marui FNX as the best stock shooter as well, so more reason to think about that. After all of this the conclusion i'm coming to is I might have to get 2 pistols, first one for looks and fun and then eventually (if i feel the need) one for high performance so i can appreciate the set up. ATM if you put the best pistol in my hand I wouldn't know the difference better it and the cheapest roughest pistol.

If you like the WE M9 then go for it.

As I said, I have one and it performs perfectly well for the range you'd expect to use a pistol.

Yes, the TM's are the best performers but most other pistols work well enough to have fun with.

I briefly owned the v1 version of the WE Beretta and quite frankly it was terrible. The hop design was truly awful, definitely don’t buy one of those.

I don’t have any hands on experience with the current v2 version (which was why I didn’t comment) but looking at the exploded digram it uses a Glock Style hop unit so should be better in that department.

On the plus side for the Beretta it doesn’t have the tilting barrel design pioneered by the 1911 that most of the other pistols use (this is true of the real steel as well) so it should be inherently fairly accurate.

On the down side the grip of the Beretta is properly large (again a feature it inherits from the real gun) so I don’t find it particularly comfortable to shoot (I’m a size large in Mechanix gloves just by way of scale). If you have hands like a garden gnome this will be a big problem if you are built like a silverback gorilla not such a big deal. Also the thumb safety is in pretty awkward place if you plan on doing any RS safety procedures.

Edited by Cyberlawyer

The TM M9A1 is very nice. It shoots well, and even though it is heavier than most full metal M9s, the frame and slide are plastic. There are some heavy internal metal parts.

The KJW is an old design based on the old TM 92f I believe. 

The WE gen 2 M9A1 is TM compatible, and I've read some encouraging reviews of it. 

G&G now do one, as does ICS, but I don't know how well they have been received.

The TM is the best, but If I wanted an all metal version, Id probably go for the WE gen 2. At least there are plenty of parts available, and it is a TM clone by all accounts.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I ended up going with the WE M9A1 gen 2. Its about the same price as the TM but I just wanted a full metal gun, so thats what decided it.

Think i might get a TM FNX at a later date, or a pistol specifically for its performance and ability to be moded, but for now very happy with the WE M9A1 gen2.

thanks guys :)

Once you have had it a while do come back and let us know your thoughts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.