Classic Army Issc Mk22 + Nuprol N Mags Other Issues

loctez

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded a beat up sig552 to an AR platform that would take stanag, I opted for the classic army ISSC mk22 scar clone as it seemed like a great choice.  I picked up some Nuprol N mags 30/120 rounders to run with it.

First game out however I has issues with feeding using the mags.  I put some tape at the back of the well and on the mags and this helped, but not a real solution.

Are these mags known to sit a little low or is likely and issue with the rif?  Can anyone suggest mags that sit a little higher or modifications you can make to the mags/mag well to sort?

Cheers in advance

Hi, I've got a mk22 and generally find that it's pretty good with most mags. I tend to run flash mags (laylax from memory) although I do have 1 nuprol P mag which fits and works fine.  I do have a couple of old non brand hi caps that are a bit twitchy in it though.

That said I dont think I've ever used mid caps in it though, have you got anu other mags to try ? I'm leaning towards  a mag issue , do they feed ok in another rif ? 

Unless you have had issues with them already the obviously answer would classic army branded mid cap mags they do 120 rd capacity.

I have the ISSC and find that it runs well with the following midcaps:

Real Sword

MAG.
King Arms AK mags that fit an M4 magwell.
Saigo Defense (internals shimmed up - this needed doing to get them to feed in any of my RIFs that take Stanag mags)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.