Gbbr on Nimrod Blue?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking CQB here. Will a WE M4 type GBBR run on 116 PSI? And if it will, will it be low enough FPS for CQB?

If you want to get the power down on a GBBR you are best to install an NPAS which will give you adjustability for different sites.  I have one in all mine , and can hapily get my L119 which is based on a WE M4 down to 1.1 joules (just under 350 fps on .20's although our local site chrono's on power and I run .30's)  on red gas or lower on green gas.

You will need to check the fps / power limits for whichever CQB site you are wanting to play at and set the NPAS up from there. 

44 minutes ago, Nick G said:

If you want to get the power down on a GBBR you are best to install an NPAS which will give you adjustability for different sites.  I have one in all mine , and can hapily get my L119 which is based on a WE M4 down to 1.1 joules (just under 350 fps on .20's although our local site chrono's on power and I run .30's)  on red gas or lower on green gas.

You will need to check the fps / power limits for whichever CQB site you are wanting to play at and set the NPAS up from there. 

Upgrade/Spare parts are extremely scarce where I'm located. NPAS are nowhere to be seen, except for one store where it has been out of stock for a century. that's why I'm wondering if it would cycle properly on Blue gas.

1 hour ago, LzChase said:

Upgrade/Spare parts are extremely scarce where I'm located. NPAS are nowhere to be seen, except for one store where it has been out of stock for a century. that's why I'm wondering if it would cycle properly on Blue gas.

Guessing you are not in the UK ? I suspect you are going to have to try it on Blue gas to see if it will cycle . Never tried mine on less than green. What fps / power level are you aiming for ?

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Guessing you are not in the UK ? I suspect you are going to have to try it on Blue gas to see if it will cycle . Never tried mine on less than green. What fps / power level are you aiming for ?

I live in Sweden but there is no really active Airsoft forum here. Obviously Blue Gas is not going to do well in the Swedish Winter but that's not my intention. I'm hoping to get around 320. It does ~425 on 140 PSI Gas.

I can certainly imagine the depths of a Swedish winter not doing well on blue gas !  Adolf Hamster's suggestion of shimming the float valve could be the way to go , there are videos showing the process on youtube, also fiting a pistol length inner barrel would help if you can get one .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.