Umarex (Vfc) Glock 19X

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After missing the one I sold not so long ago, I picked up a new one. I already had a spare set of "trijicon" sights lying around, so fitted those (as I had without issue on my previous one). I reassembled and the gun racks flawlessly without the mag in. If the mag is in but empty it will lock back after the first shot, as it should. However after that first shot the slide won't return forward, I have give it a little help. This also means when trying to actually fire it "jams" with every shot, the slide sticking half-way. 

I've cleaned and lubed, I've tried various hop buckings. I've even changed the nozzle but I'm stumped. I'm sure it's nothing to do with the lower half so that only leaves their being an issue with how the slide is formed (possible warping etc) or the BBU housing itself as the nozzle springs forward just fine. 

While I'm no tech, I like to think I know more than the average skirmisher when it comes to getting Glocks to work, so I just thought I'd put this out here on the off chance anyone had any suggestions. If not I'll order a new BBU and see if that solves it.

First things first, did it work correctly with the standard sights?

Did you buy it new, or has it been used? Am I right in thinking the VFC uses a modifies G18 hammer rather than a “normal” G17 Marui based one?

Almost all my Glock hang-ups are caused by mis-matched springs, or the hammer wheel/bbu wearing.

wheel/bbu is normally solved with a roller hammer bearing

Got some internal  pics?

Bought it new. Will post pics later.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

I had a similar issue on a stark arms g18c (I think vfc oem) in semi only where the slide would catch the triangle shaped part of the trigger bar that runs along the right hand part of the slide. When I pushed this part down into the lower receiver it felt quite grindy so the lack of smoothness was making it catch the slide. I completely disassembled the lower but couldn't find a positive point of failure. The only solution I had was to lubricate and bed in this trigger bar piece until it was smoother and now it cyles fine. Mine was a boneyard buy rather than new though. Good luck with this! 

29 minutes ago, Daveoc33 said:

I had a similar issue on a stark arms g18c (I think vfc oem) in semi only where the slide would catch the triangle shaped part of the trigger bar that runs along the right hand part of the slide. When I pushed this part down into the lower receiver it felt quite grindy so the lack of smoothness was making it catch the slide. I completely disassembled the lower but couldn't find a positive point of failure. The only solution I had was to lubricate and bed in this trigger bar piece until it was smoother and now it cyles fine. Mine was a boneyard buy rather than new though. Good luck with this! 

I know airsoft Glocks are particularly bad when it comes to needing to bed in, so I could understand if it was an intermittent problem but this is every shot 😕

Personally, I’d put the standard sights back and get a refund.

VFC are pretty, but QA is shite.

That triangle “bearing” is a hangover from Guarder’s original attempt at making the hammer run  smoother.

If you look  at the TM G18 hammer unit you’ll see it’s almost identical, VFC copied that rather than the G17 unit, probably because they wanted to hide the full auto function.

You could Dremel off the nub that stabilises the triangle bearing, and replace the triangle with a roller bearing hammer wheel, but it’s a risk on a new gun

Just to add on what @rocketdogbert but I would add on that you might want to ask a mod to remove the thread or you edit it heavily just in case a member of staff of the seller is here - they would blame you for the issues

Looks like the slide is warped. I'm going to send it back.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

28 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Took it back, they agreed it was a lemon and I swapped it for this li'l beauty...

10/10 for how the shop handled it.

IMG_20210531_134800_edit_1346813199499178.jpg

Superb, much better.

And the excellent service was from…..?

Yeah, I know this is a 1911 style pistol so has less gas capacity but just tested five mags in a row with rapid shooting. It's as smooth as butter and didn't struggle from cool down at all. Guess Marui pistols just work!

They said I could have a full refund but c'mon I was already in the shop 😅.... Nearly bought a TM MP7 while I was there too.

Crawley Surplus.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.